What Lego set did you buy today?

I found a long 41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures on clearance at Target.  It wasn't much of a clearance price, and the box is not in the greatest shape.  But I wanted to at least have one for my daughter.

That, and Merida's Highland Games seem to be gone everywhere.  At least at Target.  If you see them, might be time to grab the last few out there.

I found a long 41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures on clearance at Target.  It wasn't much of a clearance price, and the box is not in the greatest shape.  But I wanted to at least have one for my daughter.

That, and Merida's Highland Games seem to be gone everywhere.  At least at Target.  If you see them, might be time to grab the last few out there.

Both are getting tough to find. With LEGO Sale pricing them they look to be going. Ariel sold out quick here with the sale.

Both are getting tough to find. With LEGO Sale pricing them they look to be going. Ariel sold out quick here with the sale.

Merida's highland games are at all of the walgreens around me but overpriced.

i also found a ton of them in good shape at a Marshalls for 15.99 which also had a bunch of 31009 little cottages for 19.99.

Merida's highland games are at all of the walgreens around me but overpriced.

i also found a ton of them in good shape at a Marshalls for 15.99 which also had a bunch of 31009 little cottages for 19.99.

Not sure how the merida set will fare. Only brave set and its a small one at that. I like the ariel one as it can go into a big combo with ariels kiss and palace sets.

I dont check places like marshalls or ross to much as there usually a zoo and have a bunch of kids rolling around on the floor which really aggravates me lol

• Like 1

Not sure how the merida set will fare. Only brave set and its a small one at that. I like the ariel one as it can go into a big combo with ariels kiss and palace sets.

I dont check places like marshalls or ross to much as there usually a zoo and have a bunch of kids rolling around on the floor which really aggravates me lol

marshalls, tjmaxx, ross are very claustrophobic and toy section is more of a kids entertainment zone while parents shop for clothes.

i had just struck out a rare walmart visit while picking up a honeybaked ham so decided to see if there were any mixels - nope.

i have snagged 5 of each set of the first round of princess disney sets - merida was the last one to get.  i don't have much hope for this set by itself, but i will be able to sell a complete lot of 2014 princess sets which may or may not turn into a good investment.

back on topic - just bought 2 more RI from amazon :)

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

marshalls, tjmaxx, ross are very claustrophobic and toy section is more of a kids entertainment zone while parents shop for clothes.

i had just struck out a rare walmart visit while picking up a ham so decided to see if there were any mixels - nope.

i have snagged 5 of each set of the first round of princess disney sets - merida was the last one to get.  i don't have much hope for this set by itself, but i will be able to sell a complete lot of 2014 princess sets which may or may not turn into a good investment.

Lol thats a great description of those stores. The disney theme will be interesting to see how it all goes. More randomness and small sets. I lived in orlando most of my life and disney was a big part of it especially with my daughter so had big expectations for the line. She likes them but seems like they are geared more for a juniors line and a little less challenging.

A full line should do well with not many high dollar sets in the mix. Retail on the 6 sets is just over 200 so would be a good price point.

(4 more) 42000 Grand Prix Racer 112.50 Amazon UK.

Already have 10 at a much lower entry point mid 70's but the current "holiday $150-$200" selling prices seems like it will support this purchase in the future.

Hmmm with a new Ferrari coming next year was this a good purchase (asking myself the question)?  1:10 scale F1 cars have done well over the years.