What Lego set did you buy today?

Batcave with the Bricktober set x 2 of each plus a free pumpkin set.

I am amazed that my TRU had only 4 Bricktober sets left mid Sunday afternoon.

That is it.  I got 2 of the 4 with a $75 purchase x 2.

I asked if they had many to begin with and they said no.

Then I called another store across the state and they said we have 2 left.

Either TRU did not make many of these or they sold them all early by mistake.

I was told corporate sent out a memo to all stores telling them to stop selling them they could only be a promo with the $75

Next Sunday I plan on getting there earlier than mid afternoon to make sure I get 2 more.

I guess 8 Batcave's to my collection, nothing else is striking or I will go across the state and get mixels series 2 from the other place.

3 x Lego Friends Vets 3188 @ $25 a piece from a Brick and Motar Walmart.

They were showing online available in one store and were on sale, however when I turned up in store they were nowhere to be found. The store had cleared them out and put them on a truck to make room for Christmas stuff and after some discussions with a manager and 30 mins later he had found them. I believe the phrase I used was 'come on-you are Walmart, I am certain you of all people can find these sets'.

He also pulled out a Friends 3189 Stable set, box was faded but I picked it up for $35. A good day indeed :)

• Like 1

NEW / SEALED Death Star II (10143) - $450

Bought it from a company intranet page.  Couldn't believe my eyes! How often do you see a set that's almost 10 years old still sealed like that.

Woman's husband got it years ago as a gift...always meant to built it and set it up on display.  They moved a few times and he never built it.  Wife

found it in their basement recently and said "he'll never build it" and decided to sell it.  They must not like to sell things on eBay/CL so they "low-balled"

it on her company site.  My mother actually saw the ad and forward it on.

Picked it up yesterday...seals are perfectly in tact.  This set is a monster and I'm a happy camper!!!

• Like 7

Went to TRU this morning with my 25% off coupon to see what I could find. After looking around, I was planning to buy the 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer, but found a 7965 Millennium Falcon hidden in the Star Wars section (at $149.99...thieves!). Since they had a bunch of ISD's, but only the one MF, I decided to get that instead for this week's Bricktober Theater. When I went to check out, I ran into a couple issues:

1. They didn't have any pumpkin polybags left. BOOOOOOO!

2. The cashier didn't think that I would get the 10% off for TRU CC Thursdays along with the 25% off coupon.

After ringing everything up, both discounts worked! However, they deducted the 25% from the $149.99, then the 10% from the discounted price of $112.49. So after I got the extra 10% off, I ended up paying $109.34 for the MF and the Bricktober set. I'm going to go back next week to get the ISD along with the week 2 Bricktober set and Pumpkin Polybag. When I take my 2 boys to TRU on Saturday for the Star Wars Rebels building event, you know I'm going to try to sneak an extra Mini Ghost Ship for myself to get them back for going above MSRP on the MF!

However, they deducted the 25% from the $149.99, then the 10% from the discounted price of $112.49. So after I got the extra 10% off, I ended up paying $109.34 for the MF and the Bricktober set.

Doesn't matter what order they discount in - you will receive the same final amount. (150 x0.90 x0.75=$101.) - Still a good price.

• Like 1