What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought  (1) 9493 x-wing, (1) 9492 Tie Fighter, (1) K'nex Super Coaster and one big blue box of K'nex from a guy off CL for $30.....was only going to buy the two lego sets for $20 but he said he had the other stuff....so I bought it all.....all need to be washed due to all the dust from sitting on his shelf for so long.....

That is what I always hate when buying used lego. Washing and cleaning. Smells. Bricks with teeth marks. Yuk!

1 x 10223 Kingdoms Joust on amazon.it, eur 99,96 was eur 119,99. Looking forward to my next business trip in the US to have better prices...Lego Shop @ Jersey Garden I am coming!!

Awesome, fellow Brickpicker. I live 10 min from Jersey Gardens. Let me know what you collect. Take a look at my Brickfolio. I have over 1k sets..

Wow. I've gotten nearly that just for the Croc mini figure.

I know I'm siked! I've been looking for a first gen batman Lego and I finally got one. I got lucky because a friend of mine that I've bought from in the past decided he wanted to sell it and gave me a great deal for it and like i said the best part is the box is in mint condition so it ll be a great addition to my collection.

Star Wars Clone Wars Twilight (7680) complete $60. Yes, my son loves The Clone Wars series, LEGO Clone Wars III game, and the movie.  At least I got one with that hard to find little Huttlet slimeball, Rotta.

Don't get me wrong, I really like "The Clone Wars" series too.  I'm not a big fan of the movie storyline with Rotta though, or this ship, for that matter.

• Like 1

Went to TRU to check out the clearance.... nothing that was mentioned in the daily deals thread was marked down at my local TRU, but they did have an SSD on the shelf in near perfect condition, the only flaws were from that damn spider wrap.  It was at the inflated $499.99 price, but I was able to use the 20% off coupon along with the 15% for signing up for the TRU credit card - ended up getting it for $363.99 out the door.  Surprised the coupons went through, didn't need a manager or anything.

• Like 2

Went to TRU to check out the clearance.... nothing that was mentioned in the daily deals thread was marked down at my local TRU, but they did have an SSD on the shelf in near perfect condition, the only flaws were from that damn spider wrap.  It was at the inflated $499.99 price, but I was able to use the 20% off coupon along with the 15% for signing up for the TRU credit card - ended up getting it for $363.99 out the door.  Surprised the coupons went through, didn't need a manager or anything.

I suspect that it might be something to do wirh disappearance of generic "hot price" tag from exclusives online. They still have lego specific hot price tag, but I wonder if 20% coupon system check is looking only for generic hot price tag (lego specific hot price check probably triggers only during lego specific promotions)

So, if you know your local tru carries exclusives in store, I would give it a try. This is a second time it was reported that 20% off coupon worked for exclusives without manager override.

In our woods, tru thinks we are not worthy, or too poor, to carry exclusives in store

I suspect that it might be something to do wirh disappearance of generic "hot price" tag from exclusives online. They still have lego specific hot price tag, but I wonder if 20% coupon system check is looking only for generic hot price tag (lego specific hot price check probably triggers only during lego specific promotions)

So, if you know your local tru carries exclusives in store, I would give it a try. This is a second time it was reported that 20% off coupon worked for exclusives without manager override.

In our woods, tru thinks we are not worthy, or too poor, to carry exclusives in store

This is the first time I've seen an exclusive in store.  The cashier said it was probably an online return, as she said they don't normally carry "the big sets."  I guess I took advantage of someone else's buyers remorse.

This is the first time I've seen an exclusive in store.  The cashier said it was probably an online return, as she said they don't normally carry "the big sets."  I guess I took advantage of someone else's buyers remorse.

But, say, tru in nyc, times square, does carry exclusives, right? If someone nearby, it might worth checking out...

• Like 2