What Lego set did you buy today?

SSD, three days ago to be exact. It is the only SSD that I own, and boy am I glad I got it before it went OOS. It just arrived today. Fingers crossed that it will retire soon. If it does that will probably be a record from purchase-to-EOL in brickpicker history! Woot!

I don't follow. Do you expect the SSD to become the most valuable LEGO set ever, in BP history? I have serious doubts.

I don't follow. Do you expect the SSD to become the most valuable LEGO set ever, in BP history? I have serious doubts.

I think he's just referring to the anticipated amount of time between his purchase and the retirement of the SSD and the excitement is due to hopefully not having to sit on it for very long until EOL.

• Like 1

I almost walked right past this but I happened to stumble upon a still sealed somewhat mint 8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter at Walmart today for $9.00! :drool: Here is one good reason why I love those old punch tabs otherwise I would really be questioning whether it was still sealed or not. I did end up finding another retired set at Walmart before that was hot glued shut but thankfully complete somehow.

Anyway, the Plo Koon set looks alright despite some dings on the box. However, it does feel a little light so I'm not sure but then again it is a pretty large box just for 175 pieces including two characters. I'll be opening it tonight to make certain everything is there.

I almost walked right past this but I happened to stumble upon a still sealed somewhat mint 8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter at Walmart today for $9.00! :drool: Here is one good reason why I love those old punch tabs otherwise I would really be questioning whether it was still sealed or not. I did end up finding another retired set at Walmart before that was hot glued shut but thankfully complete somehow.

Anyway, the Plo Koon set looks alright despite some dings on the box. However, it does feel a little light so I'm not sure but then again it is a pretty large box just for 175 pieces including two characters. I'll be opening it tonight to make certain everything is there.

I came across an Luke's Landspeeder a while back, unfortunately they still wanted retail.  Not sure where they find these things sometimes, but they pop out of nowhere.

I came across an Luke's Landspeeder a while back, unfortunately they still wanted retail.  Not sure where they find these things sometimes, but they pop out of nowhere.

It is strange to see an old set just sitting there amongst everything else but at least I have been lucky they rang up at a decent to heavy discount aside from finding them in the first place. Let's see, in the past couple years I have found a 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship, 7956 Ewok Attack, 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, 7346 Seaside House (a couple actually), 3189 Heartlake Stables, and finally this last one of 8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter. I remember wanting to get the ship back when it was available but never did and I was actually considering on purchasing the latest 75045 Republic Cannon set just to get Plo Koon. Amusingly enough, there doesn't seem to be a difference in the Plo Koon minifigures other than some slight change in torso printing.