What Lego set did you buy today?

Amazon.co.uk has Summer Riding Camp for $95 shipped if anyone is interested.

Nice deal, C - thanks for sharing!

Actually, I'm seeing it for roughly $86 if you buy 2: 114.43 GBP x 1.5 conv rate = $171.65 / 2 = $86 each.  That's a great price.

Guest eightbrick

Why not? It could be the "Share your Pick-a-Brick experiences" thread under the Building category.

Ok, I'll start one up tomorrow... I'm probably going to fill one or two tomorrow I ran out of parts for something I'm building.

Massive bin of minifigures. Hundreds of them, from all the big collections ... star wars, harry potter, DC comics, indy jones, etc.

Then I found THE arm. Then I found THE legs. And I knew they went with the body and the helmet I found before. Yep, a cloud city boba. I really, really hope I can find the other arm.

To give an idea what I paid, I could sell the legs alone and more than cover my cost. It's been a good day.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Massive bin of minifigures. Hundreds of them, from all the big collections ... star wars, harry potter, DC comics, indy jones, etc.

Then I found THE arm. Then I found THE legs. And I knew they went with the body and the helmet I found before. Yep, a cloud city boba. I really, really hope I can find the other arm.

To give an idea what I paid, I could sell the legs alone and more than cover my cost. It's been a good day.

Amazing, nice job! This thread makes me so jealous....

I bought one at Comic Con but I had it signed by some people so I'm keeping that one sealed.

Good for you. I wouldn't give that one up for anything!

who did you get it signed by? Anyone from the BTTF movies?

Check it out. He got it signed by Masashi Togami of Team BTTF and Claudia Wells (Jennifer Parker) from the first Back to the Future movie! :yahoo:

9316447715_ac9db93b51_o.jpg

LEGO CUUSOO Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine (21103)>LEGO CUUSOO Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine (21103) by tormentalous, on Flickr

The Brick Fan article.

Oh yeah, and Michael J. Fox had this to say about the CUUSOO DeLorean.

"Bitchin'"

• Like 1

If you wouldn't mind, could you give a link to the listing? I'd like to just see exactly who can afford to sell a $400 set for nearly 50% off.

If it all works out, great score, FCB!

Just got it. Box has damage (as expected) but inner boxes and manual are MINT. Not illegally drop-shipped or anything of the sort, just a pretty good deal it seems!

Post EOL purchases for last month...

6211 in a semi-sealed box (tape worn but side perforated styled box never opened.) for $200.

Sealed 4840 The Burrow for $140. Not sure if this will be resold.

Opened box but sealed contents 4278 Potter Privet Drive for $75. Not sure if this will be resold.

98% complete Indy Jones 7623 Temple Escape for $50. No box. Needs $5 in elements.

100% complete Indy Jones 7623 for $31. No box. Needed $20 in elements (mainly 2 minifigs)

Sealed 7251 Vader's transformation for $25

Sealed POTC QAR and BP for $305 w/ ship. Boxes are flawless

Sealed Potter 4843 Hogwarts for $175. Excellent box

Loose 4843 complete for $90.

1 Loose and 1 sealed 4841 Potter Hogwarts Train sets for $275 total

Complete in box Imperial Flagship for $200. Contents are very nice.

Complete UCS 10175 Vader's Tie for $56. Needed to spend an extra $36 in elements (would have been less if I didn't replace some discolored Light Bley elements).

To expand on what Grolim mentioned, I bought 5 of the following:

Orc forges for $37 Cdn

Weathertop for $40 Cdn

Mirkwood spiders for $18 Cdn

I bought 5 of each (thats the limit), and shipping was about $45, like $3 per set.

Granted, you'll have to add a premium of ~ 25% (for HST and duties), but you're still going to come up a winner 

EDIT: They may not be crazy deals for the US folk, but for us Canadians, it certainly is!

My wicked eBay score of 4 old EOL sets for $100 plus $18 shipping just arrived today, perfectly packed in two separate shipping boxes with the LEGO boxes in really great shape! A couple dents and minor warping, but the two 2005 sets are all like how the current battle packs are, with no seals, but rather the perforated things that you "punch in" and tear the box open. And the other two set's seals are all perfect, which I personally value much more than no dents or creases.

(Brickpicker values attached) 

7734 Cargo Plane (2008) $223

7243 Construction Site (2005) $107

7344 Dump Truck (2005) $75

7631 Dump Truck (2009) $35

Not too shabby! Now I only hope because of the newly released rehash that the Cargo Plane doesn't depreciate, or if it does depreciate not too much  :thumbsup: Either way, I'll take it any day.

Oh, today I also received my 2x Delorians, discounted Mia's Bedroom + The Mini Mech & Ice Cream Stand polybags! Trying hard not to tear one of the Delorians open. Happy day!