Harry Potter Knight Bus for $24.99, good idea?

Soadfan4ever

I found a retailer with a number of Harry Potter Knight Buses for 34.99, but when I went home to check the price online it was 24.99 with the option for instore pickup.  I just recently joined this site so I have not point of reference for the valuable HP sets.  I have been focusing on star wars and LOTR, but the HP sets caught my eye because they seemed out of place.  Is this a good price for these sets?  I checked ebay and they seem to be hit or miss, but all sold items are above the price I would pay.

I'm going through about 200 items on their website right now.  A lot of items I am unfamiliar with.  I did notice Weathertop for $40.  They have a ton of King's Carriage Ambush 7188 at 29.99.  I don't know about that one except that it is $10 below and I haven't seen it before.

I'm going through about 200 items on their website right now.  A lot of items I am unfamiliar with.  I did notice Weathertop for $40.  They have a ton of King's Carriage Ambush 7188 at 29.99.  I don't know about that one except that it is $10 below and I haven't seen it before.

You gonna share the site with the rest of us?  :money:

This wouldn't happen to be at Fry's, would it? :) (I just posted a thread about it today too)

Many of the prices seem to be pretty good on the in-store stuff. Unfortunately my area only has a few items in stock, and anything they do have available online will pretty much be killed by their shipping.

Winner!  Yes it is frys.  I went there today to look at some printers and noticed they had LEGO.  I didn't even realize they had toys.  I noticed the Knight Buses when I was walking away.  Most of their items don't have any pricing, so I had the sales guy running back and forth scanning them for me.  The instore prices suck, but instore pickup from online looks pretty good.  It is frys so something will probably go wrong when I try to checkout.

• Like 1

You can order it for in-store pickup to the store you were at. They'll grab it and keep it at the counter for you. You don't pay for it until you go get it. They should honor the on-line price. Even if they don't, they are supposed to price-match their online prices, as long as you can show it to them.

S-N-A-T-C-H gets edited out???? Damn

Guys seriously at those prices grab as many as you can.

I was just about to say how wierd the word s****h gets edited automatically. It has now become the other "s" word. Then again, it's kinda funnier that way. :lol: I'm almost tempted to see what else gets the censor box! :shifty:

Guest eightbrick

Great deal, but that link to the Fry's website says the product is unavailable. Or is that just me because I am in the wrong region?

Wow! I wish my store had that.  I went in the day after I posted and they were in the middle of taking all of the LEGO eisle apart and were moving like half of their products to make a clearance eisle.  I got the three HP Knight buses at $25 and Weathertop at $40.  Does anyone know how Fry's discounts products that don't move even more?  They have around 15 Geonosian Starfighters and 10 King's Carriage Ambush that are in good condition and covered in dust because there is not interest in them, but they are still too expensive to justify buying.

Anyone thinking of checking out their fry's can check online to see the stores within a 100 miles of them. When you go to checkout put the highest number of items and continue. It will then tell you either they have the number you put or how many they have at that store. Kind of tedious but at least you will know what is going to be at the store when you go.