Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, lego rules said:

I believe they are going to keep it.  It will sell better with Big Ben around.

I think it's around for a while too. I saw seal 51S5 last weekend.

26 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

What are peoples current thoughts on 10214 Tower Bridge retiring sometime this year? 

It's been available for over 5 years.
It is a massive set at over 4,000 pieces and it is a really nice looking display.

Previously retired landmark sets have risen pretty high in value like the Eiffel Tower - 10181. 

Does anyone know of a typical time of year that these landmarks get retired or is it completely random?  I could see this going up in value pretty good over the first year.  I also think they are releasing Big Ben so maybe they would retire this so as to not have two landmarks out so close to each other in their actual location.

you didn't mention the box re-design in the last year.

most people think that points to extended longevity.

if you don't have any, now is your chance to get 1 or 2 in mint condition instead of waiting until the last minute and getting the left over scraps ala tumbler.

buying a TB is akin to blood brotherhood/sisterhood in the lego investorhood.  its massive, it looks good.  

brickpickers loaded up on this one during a series of walmart pricing blunders in the $180s but they might have sold off now since it was a while ago.

this is all discussed at length here:

12 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

still see Birds around at TRUs at MSRP

and at amazon for msrp. i'm waiting for 20% discount when they go full on exo-suit. :o can't justify spending $45 for this when for another $5 i could get another ecto. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Just received my LEGO Shop at Home order of the 10243 Parisian Restaurant, which became available again in LEGO Shop at Home Europe after having been TOOS for a while. To my surprise the sealcode is: 37S5 which is older than a previous order last year of the PR which has a sealcode of 45S5. I had assumed it would have a newer production code! Interesting...

Just received my LEGO Shop at Home order of the 10243 Parisian Restaurant, which became available again in LEGO Shop at Home Europe after having been TOOS for a while. To my surprise the sealcode is: 37S5 which is older than a previous order last year of the PR which has a sealcode of 45S5. I had assumed it would have a newer production code! Interesting...

OK. I'll say it. Sure...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haay said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the significance of this?  Is it that it is implying a possibility that no new production runs of this have been made?  Which one could then infer that maybe it is about to be retired???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the significance of this?  Is it that it is implying a possibility that no new production runs of this have been made?  Which one could then infer that maybe it is about to be retired???

You got it. Doubt it´s the case though,

17 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

Yes. Some product no longer needed for Christmas probably got returned but you know, everything's retiring soon so...

Edited by dcdfan

19 hours ago, MathBuilder said:

^ I am pretty sure Yinchuan's post was meant to be sarcasm. He's certainly well aware of the WIHFALET thread. Just look at his avatar pic... it says it all.

Sorry, didn't want to offend, only tried to help. I am pretty sure that Maybe just maybe will help someone..with another avatar :-))

I am here for years, usually don't post to don't spend/take space, but i think that is not the case, again only tried to help in what i can.

And in fact, that thread has got some news now...

• Like 1