Retiring Soon - open speculation

13 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Were all the recent retirements tagged 'retiring soon'? I mean are there any sets going OOS and about to be retired without that tag?

many people are saying the simpsons house & kwik-e-mart, but no solid proof...just on back order

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

many people are saying the simpsons house & kwik-e-mart, but no solid proof...just on back order

The Simpsons House is VERY available in the UK and probably will be for some time. Hopefully they'll ship them back to the US where they belong!

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

At my local Lego store there was about 80 Dr Who left after the door buster 50% off sale... Maybe our countries should make a trade

Makes sense as each show is more popular in its home country. Don't dismiss Doctor Who as you can post them cheaply to UK buyers once they skyrocket ;-)

Simpsons Houses, on the other hand, are too expensive to ship tracked from the UK to the US.

Edited by TabbyBoy

I know Super Hero sets aren't exactly the rage, but I think Jokerland retiring after a little over a year is kind of a big deal. I may have missed the boat, but I will be hoping the big boys have some left in stock for after holiday clearances. At 40-50% off this seems to be a no brainer to me.

1 hour ago, BearCrash said:

Not sure if any of these has been mentioned yet, but Opera House, Heartlake Airport, Trevi, Jokerland and Mystery Mansion are officially retired on LEGO Shop at Home Europe.

Yep, it was mentioned in the

Technically speaking, this thread is for retirement speculation. But yeah, obviously there's some overlap.

55 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I know Super Hero sets aren't exactly the rage, but I think Jokerland retiring after a little over a year is kind of a big deal. I may have missed the boat, but I will be hoping the big boys have some left in stock for after holiday clearances. At 40-50% off this seems to be a no brainer to me.

With the Lego Batman movie coming out, there will be Batman overload for the next couple of years. Will this hurt or help Jokerland is the question. I think the quality disparity with the Lego movie sets and with Beast Boy being in next year's Dimensions lineup will hurt the value. That makes Sapphire is the only exclusive minifig.

29 minutes ago, Val-E said:

US SAH has pretty much cleared out everything except ToA (max 5). Seems this set has golden turd potential even with a Tumbleresque shelf life.

Back in Europe, a lot of sets have been revived from sold out to backorder status, including KWEM and AS.

It's a shame this set doesn't get any love. It's a gorgeous set and I had lots of fun putting it together. 

6 minutes ago, Black_towr said:

It's a shame this set doesn't get any love. It's a gorgeous set and I had lots of fun putting it together. 

Same as Minecraft village, TLG priced it too high for kids and AFOL appeal is diminished by the kiddy theme. It was a mistake to create a large exclusive for every theme. Hopefully the madness stops before Elves and Nexo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Same as Minecraft village, TLG priced it too high for kids and AFOL appeal is diminished by the kiddy theme. It was a mistake to create a large exclusive for every theme. Hopefully the madness stops before Elves and Nexo.

Worked for HH and Monster Fighters. Maybe the bar was set too high there.

1 minute ago, Rodeogeorge said:

In for another ToA terd. This is one of the best builds and without a doubt one of the best looking sets out there.  Gets lots of attention from guests and the shadow puppet stage is very clever.   Ninjago4LIFE tattoo on my neck.

If your buy-in is good, why not? Here RRP is 220 euros, which is just insane and it is a SAH exclusive.

1 hour ago, lobo1969 said:

Worked for HH and Monster Fighters. Maybe the bar was set too high there.

Monster Fighters may be somewhat of an exception because it is so similar to the Modular theme. I think that helped. It appealed to both the MF crowd and collectors of buildings (Creator and Modular). It was my first expensive set. Sorry.. what is HH? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

Monster Fighters may be somewhat of an exception because it is so similar to the Modular theme. I think that helped. It appealed to both the MF crowd and collectors of buildings (Creator and Modular). It was my first expensive set. Sorry.. what is HH? Thanks in advance.

Haunted house I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ponderingzissou said:

HH= Haunted House

• Like 1