Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 minutes ago, Knightwing01 said:

i see words but don't understand what they mean

Quick translate.google.com translation. Sorry, don't have time to correct the spelling:

19 pallets stolen with Lego toys

Unknowns have stolen 19 pallets of Lego toys from a truck in Germany. The police estimated the value of the prey today at 95,000 euros.

While the 39-year-old trucker slept in the cab, the perpetrators would have emptied the loading area, reported a police officer. The coup took place unintentionally on a freeway highway of the A44. The police are now looking for witnesses who have noticed the transhipment action or suspicious vehicles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infiltrator said:

Quick translate.google.com translation. Sorry, don't have time to correct the spelling:

Unknowns have stolen 19 pallets of Lego toys from a truck in Germany. The police estimated the value of the prey today at 95,000 euros.

While the 39-year-old trucker slept in the cab, the perpetrators would have emptied the loading area, reported a police officer. The coup took place unintentionally on a freeway highway of the A44. The police are now looking for witnesses who have noticed the transhipment action or suspicious vehicles.

Hope it wasn't nexo knights they stole otherwise it is getting returned to sender!

1 hour ago, Patlac said:

How do you get those numbers? Does Lego release any data on how much of each set sells per year? Just wondering.

TLG gives no numbers. So my x4 might be in fact x20...

I would be surprised if it were the other way around though

7 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

thanks!

10 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

If they ever find the culprit he'll be OK because apparently, it was all unintentional.

• Like 1

An other question:
On the LEGO Shop at Home website there was an ad regarding "Angry Birds - Grab Them Before They Fly Off The Shelf".
Does anyone of you remember this ad during the double VIP period?
Is it possible to retire a whole theme without slapping the "Retiring Soon" label on it?
I hope Angry Birds will go - it seems to be a total mess for Lego?!

Edited by Infiltrator

14 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Hope it wasn't nexo knights they stole otherwise it is getting returned to sender!

I was wondering how such a thing could happen unintentionally, but in that case it would make sense.

But seriously, it's supposed to say undetected instead.

1 minute ago, Infiltrator said:

An other question:
On the LEGO Shop at Home website there was an ad regarding "Angry Birds - Grab Them Before They Fly Off The Shelf".
Is it possible to retire a whole theme without slapping the "Retiring Soon" label on it?

or marketing connecting birds with flying.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZULU said:

You could make 30E (bruto) if you find a buyer in 3 years' time...

tss tss

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

One man´s hidden gem is another man´s maze. YMMV but I know which one little Timmetta wants for Xmas.

My little boy wants a MAAAZE!!! Really but he can't get it cause I have to keep it and earn tons of money from it - so guess he'll have to take the Pink plane then ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

An other question:

A lot of things are going to retire that haven´t been tagged. Angry Birds will probably feature highly in the BF sale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

I think that the 10220 T1 is the new 10218 or 10188!
I give him a further year. It's available at every little toy store in Europe. If it goes, I'll grab some at MSRP. T1, Mini & Ferrari are everywhere present.

VW´s main source of revenue to pay their emissions fine.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Therightbruno said:

Maybe a silent 'hint' is King Pig's Castle in back order with shipping Nov 23 - or maybe this is old news for some

Plenty of good folk have filtered out the turdy themes in their datasets already to make the lego page load quicker.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

@Val-E

@mauro23

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm the only one but even if so, I'd like to aks you for something: Would you mind changing your profile pics back to static images instead of .gifs? This unnecessary "movement" on the site disrupts reading every time and causes a bit of motion sickness almost (to me). And I fear if others follow, the site will soon be non-usable anymore because it'll be like something is blinking all over the page all the time. I know it's a lot to ask since it's your personal profiles, but maybe other users would welcome static images back, too. No offense intended, just trying to get rid of my incoming dizzyness...Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Perhaps this is of interest to you: http://www.howtogeek.com/257408/how-to-stop-animated-gifs-from-playing-in-your-web-browser/

Unless you really like tumblr, you really don't miss out on much (and you can always easily enable animated gifs on demand).

• Like 1