Retiring Soon - open speculation

Maybe the Parisian Restaurant is a poor seller. 

Or they just want to go back to 1-2 modulars available at once.  I could imagine that Kwik E Mart bombed in Europe though.  As for calling Lego, I tried that last year re: TH and the guy just said, 'it's not retired, but we don't know when we'll get more in.'. Turns out the correct answer was, 'never'.

I can just imagine the conversation in this case:

Me: Hi, I was wondering if PR is really sold out, or it's just a glitch?

Lego CS: It's 'available now' in the US.

Me: Yes, but it's 'sold out' in Europe.

Lego CS: (Pause, then in an eerily calm voice) Why do you care, exactly?

Me: (Hangs up, sigh of relief that I was calling from a pay phone)

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 5

Trek  has been on the road all day today and could not participate  in these most entertaining discussions. The one thing that I've gathered from this is I need to go by the Kwik e Mart and pick up some ingredients for my restaurant if I want to be able to stockpile the French croissants and better do it soon.   While on the way home from the restaurant I need to stop by and pick up.  Dog food at the pet shop because they may run out .  Good to know. Carry-on. 

• Like 2

Trek  has been on the road all day today and could not participate  in these most entertaining discussions. The one thing that I've gathered from this is I need to go by the Kwik e Mart and pick up some ingredients for my restaurant if I want to be able to stockpile the French croissants and better do it soon.   While on the way home from the restaurant I need to stop by and pick up.  Dog food at the pet shop because they may run out .  Good to know. Carry-on. 

The jaisonlines did recently adopt a puppy so maybe he'll buy dog food from a pet shop near a French restaurant   Until then, Jaisonline will continue to speculate in the retirement thread instead of talking about his day with Lego keywords. :)

Can you guys speak English, please? Lol

• Like 3

If the Parisian Restaurant or Palace Cinema actually retired before the Pet Shop, wouldn't that be something.  I do think both sets are more appealing than the bland Pet Shop (when comparing these 3 sets together). 

Either set would prob have higher ROI than the Town Hall in the same amount of retirement time.

If the Parisian Restaurant or Palace Cinema actually retired before the Pet Shop, wouldn't that be something.  I do think both sets are more appealing than the bland Pet Shop (when comparing these 3 sets together). 

Either set would prob have higher ROI than the Town Hall in the same amount of retirement time.

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious how you come to that conclusion with the ROI? It's a pretty bold statement since most were caught off guard with the TH retiring, even emazers. Edit: unless you're be facetious

The jaisonlines did recently adopt a puppy so maybe he'll buy dog food from a pet shop near a French restaurant   Until then, Jaisonline will continue to speculate in the retirement thread instead of talking about his day with Lego keywords. :)

thanks this is swell brings back good memories  somethings never change 

And now we wonder why I left brickpicker for a couple of months somethings do come back 

You just can't let your hatred for me to go can you 

100% "what if" speculation by me.  I think if PR or PC retires this year, most of us should be caught off guard again.  Additionally, the PR and PC seem to have more appeal.  For most of it's retail life, the Town Hall was always that one modular always in-stock and not much talked about,   Then again, I assume why would Lego retire either this year  if they are good sellers.  

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious how you come to that conclusion with the ROI? It's a pretty bold statement since most were caught off guard with the TH retiring, even emazers.

100% "what if" speculation by me.  I think if PR or PC retires this year, most of us should be caught off guard again.  Additionally, the PR and PC seem to have more appeal.  For most of it's retail life, the Town Hall was always that one modular always in-stock and not much talked about,   Then again, I assume why would Lego retire either this year  if they are good sellers.  

Let's just speculate a little further...

What if Lego indeed retires PC and PR but not PS. This will be a big blow to the moral of our community. Cause here we are. Everybody is fully loaded with PS. But it stays for a few years longer. PC and PR will be underhorded. People will be frustrated and sad (including me). Cause they do not own any or not enough according to their desired minimum quota. 

If this is true it will be 1-0 for Lego in their "war" against the reseller. 

• Like 1

Probably so but not to the extent as other sets due to the smaller # of years available at retail.  I know less years of availability does not always mean less supply but I favor the odds.  

Pretty sure PC is massively hoarded. That was the set to hoard before the PS mini restock happened. 

I took a break for awhile so I'm not all caught up on all the speculation about PC and PR retirement. I definitely agree, especially about the PR, but I'd think TH gains would be tough to match. When I was at the store today PC/PR shelves were full to the lip but no PS sight. Looks like I better start paying closer attention to those 2 since I have no interest in getting more than the personal pet shop that I own.

I took a break for awhile so I'm not all caught up on all the speculation about PC and PR retirement. I definitely agree, especially about the PR, but I'd think TH gains would be tough to match. When I was at the store today PC/PR shelves were full to the lip but no PS sight. Looks like I better start paying closer attention to those 2 since I have no interest in getting more than the personal pet shop that I own.

i have zero insight into early retirements this year so far.  I doubt either will go before Pet Shop but if It happened, the aftermath will be truly popcorn worthy.  

Let's just speculate a little further...

What if Lego indeed retires PC and PR but not PS. This will be a big blow to the moral of our community. Cause here we are. Everybody is fully loaded with PS. But it stays for a few years longer. PC and PR will be underhorded. People will be frustrated and sad (including me). Cause they do not own any or not enough according to their desired minimum quota. 

If this is true it will be 1-0 for Lego in their "war" against the reseller. 

I disagree that it would be 1-0 for Lego against the reseller. Early, unexpected retirement is a gift to resellers. Sure, they didn't get to hoard as many as they wanted but with the crazy gains on sets that retire "early" you don't need nearly as much inventory to make the same amount of profit.

Edited by bricketycricket
  • Like 1

I think we have to also consider the "Plain Jane" PS is just more popular than the gaudy and unrealistic PC and PR. People use the PC as a complimentary set to the other more popular Modulars. While the PC and PR are stunning sets by themselves, sticking them with other Modulars looks out of place IMO.

I think we have to also consider the "Plain Jane" PS is just more popular than the gaudy and unrealistic PC and PR. People use the PC as a complimentary set to the other more popular Modulars. While the PC and PR are stunning sets by themselves, sticking them with other Modulars looks out of place IMO.

I would 100% agree with your PS thought.  Like the new Detective's Office, the PS quietly slides nicely in-between other modulars unlike the PC and PR.  

Or they just want to go back to 1-2 modulars available at once.  I could imagine that Kwik E Mart bombed in Europe though.  As for calling Lego, I tried that last year re: TH and the guy just said, 'it's not retired, but we don't know when we'll get more in.'. Turns out the correct answer was, 'never'.

I can just imagine the conversation in this case:

Me: Hi, I was wondering if PR is really sold out, or it's just a glitch?

Lego CS: It's 'available now' in the US.

Me: Yes, but it's 'sold out' in Europe.

Lego CS: (Pause, then in an eerily calm voice) Why do you care, exactly?

Me: (Hangs up, sigh of relief that I was calling from a pay phone)

Lego CS: Activates tracking on flying laser sharks.

8581507761_4a163bae29_b.jpg

• Like 3

I would 100% agree with your PS thought.  Like the new Detective's Office, the PS quietly slides nicely in-between other modulars unlike the PC and PR.  

Same. Way back when I wrote the article about the Modular line I remember mentioning the PS had the potential to become one of the most successful sets. If only for the flexibility it offers.

Someone also posted on here that the Pet Shop has a very good part-out value.  I have no facts or Bricklink data to back up that claim, but parter-outers could also be purchasing this set in volume, increasing sales, and possibly extending its life.

Oh man. I have 1 PC and exactly 0 PRs..... Now I'm stressing about this in the middle of an already stressful day at work. Thanks guys.... ;)

I thought I had tons of time on this one... probably still do, but I don't want to risk it.

I'm an AFOL first and an investor second and I'll probably be most disappointed if I don't have at least one PR to build.... I guess I'll be pulling the trigger on one tonight.

Maybe PS remains available until Lego produces another townhouse set or a full low rise apartment to match it. Emmett and his friends can't all live at the Cafe Corner, especially as it is now a heritage building.