Retiring Soon - open speculation

I like the SOH. It is a mature set. It's the favourite of my girlfriend. However I also think it won'T be popular.

If LEGO just did a Neuschwanstein... it could surpass all the previously released stuff. It's the archetype of fairytale castles. Even the traditional Disney castle is based on that.

Edited by inversion

is simpson house retiring? price is rising in hongkong

Yes...

(someday...)

You seem to be pretty new to the forum so I'll point it out pretty clearly: WE DO NOT KNOW which sets are retiring and WHEN... or even if they really are retired... what we do here is assuming... some here are looking for signs and patterns, trying it the logical way, while others just have "the feeling" or need more posts to get another LEGO-MINIFIG picture ^.^

Also the title of the thread (where you just posted in) could be an indicator: "retiring soon open SPECULATION" ;-)

So to come back to you question: YES! The Simpson House is retiring... but I would be surprised if it would retire just now... you should check international markets for it... easiest way is to look at LEGO shop at home (www.lego.com). Is it available? In most cases that's a good and first indicator if it is retiring or not... if it is widely available it obviously is NOT retired... and you cannot tell if it is close to retirement yet.

• Like 1

OK, just keep believing conspiracy theories and basing your decisions around sets that are the exception rather than those that are the rule.

Ed and Jeff should be proud, brick picker was the reason the town hall was pulled from production. We have the power.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm at 0 PC and 1 PS for my personal collection.

One thing I learned over the years is to take notice when certain members post subtle hints.  E1 buys a lot of Lego but doesn't brag about it.  Tonight was the exception and I think we should take notice.  The veterans on here have better connections and better techniques than us rookies.  I've been at this for about a year and half.  The guys that really know wheat they are doing have been doing this for much longer.  I would be foolish to ignore what they have to say.  Ed Mack has been very gracious with his hints.  So have others on this forum.

The 2015 seal codes for PS scare me.  I haven't been following the trends on PC.  That also scares me.  I was fortunate enough to get a few Town Halls before it poofed.  Its much more competitive now so if a set unexpectedly goes F5, it will be devoured by the hoard.

Maybe its time to stash away a couple of these just in case.  I'm still on the fence, but I'm paying closer attention now.