Retiring Soon - open speculation

That would be amazing.

It is out of stock at Target, Walmart, Amazon and the Toys R Us product page is removed.  It is in stock on Lego LEGO Shop at Home US and out of stock 30 days on most other LEGO Shop at Home websites.

I really want to start stocking up on Red 5 first but I guess I better start on this one to be safe too.

Its hard to believe Lego is telling a few people that the Pet Shop will be out 1-2 more years, end of 2015 it will be out over 4 years,I see the Pet Shop retiring sometime this year and I don't think that the Cinema Palace is done this year, that will make that set a little over 2 years, and its still sells very well.

• Like 3

I know it's not a highly talked about line here, but the master builder academy sets seem to be done for. 2 of the 5 in the series are on the official 'retiring soon' page. All 5 of them have been out of stock on LEGO Shop at Home for some time. I bought the entire collection for my kid this past year. They might not be the best dollar per brick value, but they're nicely done sets. I also picked up a couple in the wild (Barnes and Noble is the only place I could find them) to keep for investment. I have a feeling these could be a sleeper, especially in the non-US areas where these weren't ever available.

Kudos on thinking outside the box (herd / horde) and providing potentially useful information.

• Like 1

Its hard to believe Lego is telling a few people that the Pet Shop will be out 1-2 more years, end of 2015 it will be out over 4 years,I see the Pet Shop retiring sometime this year and I don't think that the Cinema Palace is done this year, that will make that set a little over 2 years, and its still sells very well.

Thanks for your input, Ed. I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your insight.

WOW !

This line seems amazing, but it's not offcially available in europe.  You just learned me that this theme exists. o_O

It really is quite unique.  High quality boxes and instructions, similar to the Architecture and Ideas themes.  These sets received no love, but might surprise some people.

TLG retired no modulars in 2011 and 2012. 2015 could easily be a blank for this theme as well. PS is looking alot like the new FB isn't it?

WOW !

This line seems amazing, but it's not offcially available in europe.  You just learned me that this theme exists. o_O

Well to me it lacks a certain awesomeness... it's nice to have a MasterBuildersAcademy where you can learn different "how to build" stuff... but the sets don't really thrill me.

I guess I'll have to learn the skills needed to be a master builder doing some Star Wars UCS and the Tumbler... and maybe some day there'll be new awesome castle themes!

Well to me it lacks a certain awesomeness... it's nice to have a MasterBuildersAcademy where you can learn different "how to build" stuff... but the sets don't really thrill me.

I guess I'll have to learn the skills needed to be a master builder doing some Star Wars UCS and the Tumbler... and maybe some day there'll be new awesome castle themes!

For what it's worth, I actually did the series with my kid and have learned quite a bit. It's shifted the way I look at and approach building lego. I'm quite confident in my ability to build nice MOCs on the fly. I have a few ideas that I'm sorting through, to possibly refine and submit one of, to Lego Ideas. And maybe my idea ends up being great or maybe it ends up being crap, the point is that it's not something I would have attempted to accomplish before doing the MBAs. To me anyhow, I, by far, learned more from these sets than any large build.

To each their own.

Edited by P_R_Rice
  • Like 2

Archtiecture Falllingwater ist SOLD OUT WORLDWIDE

Its still available at Retail cost (& below) in every barnes and noble within 100 miles of me. 

Sold out is not retired, hold this type of post for a speculation thread, not the official retirement thread. I agree its going soon, but not retired till its retired.

• Like 2