Retiring Soon - open speculation

We have recently seen examples of items being in the catalog, but already gone including the spring catalog with the SSD.

Also are you really from Antarctica?

If so, is Lego's current Arctic theme a hot seller there?

If so, is that dangerous?

Just saw this now (I have a bad habit of posting things and never checking on responses), funny enough I applied for a job in Antarctica once (true story), but I don't live there.

So when the ssd flipped to retired, didn't it disappear for a few days from the LEGO Shop at Home site?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Maybe - but things might disappear simply because websites are rarely static, and always worked on. All kinds of errors can happen. I don't think we should read anything into that right now.

Could 2015 be the year we see the "Resurrected" tag?

Feel free to take with 2 grains of NaCl.

I know your fears, TB, but with the sheer amount of new sets on the horizon and SW merch mania probably coming this summer/fall, I doubt we're going to get many resurrected sets. Perhaps the odd one here or there, but I don't think it is going to become a standard policy of any kind. Or at least I hope :)

Lego Shop does not have the Imperial Hotel listed, at least anywhere I can find it. Could this set be retiring?

This problem has been happening for the last few days. Some of the sets have been disappearing and then reappearing later. Check again in a couple hours. It could be back by then.

• Like 1

When I see reduced price on a product with no stock, it means retired and not coming back.

Let's say 90% of these kind of sets.

Santa's workshop has been discounted, we'll see it back next Xmas.

TMNT Baxter's robot has been discounted, but it came back for some more months.

Edited by biniou