Retiring Soon - open speculation

I still wonder why 10235 WV doesn't get any attention while being retired in Europe. WV sets are that bad?

I know that 10235 shows as retired on LEGO Shop at Home, but I really doubt that it had a 1 year run and off it goes. WV sets in the past have gone off site after holiday season and then made a return a-la Michael Jordan in mid-November. What I don't know is if they've been marked as 'retired' during their hiatus.

And WV sets are not that bad, look how 10229 is performing. That one has served it's 2 year cycle and was marked as sold out in mid december IIRC, so it shouldn't come back this november. It's just that in the EU this theme is not as popular as it is in the US, not even close.

And WV sets are not that bad, look how 10229 is performing. That one has served it's 2 year cycle and was marked as sold out in mid december IIRC, so it shouldn't come back this november. It's just that in the EU this theme is not as popular as it is in the US, not even close.

It seems that the less your country has snow during winters, the less these sets are popular.

That would explain why this theme is not seeked in australia, and guessing by your location, nor in spain.

But in France it's "quite" popular (not super but ok), and I think that the more the country and inhabitants can have snowy winters, the more this theme becomes popular.

There are some netherlands and germans members here who could confirm (or not) that this theme is popular in their country (having snowy winters).

It seems that the less your country has snow during winters, the less these sets are popular.

That would explain why this theme is not seeked in australia, and guessing by your location, nor in spain.

But in France it's "quite" popular (not super but ok), and I think that the more the country and inhabitants can have snowy winters, the more this theme becomes popular.

There are some netherlands and germans members here who could confirm (or not) that this theme is popular in their country (having snowy winters).

I have a business venture to propose... We pool our money, buy lots of winter sets, and set up physical shop in Alaska.  :money:

• Like 1

by this logic they should make tornado themed sets. Dniim woukd buy every last one. Too soon?