Retiring Soon - open speculation

My point was that on retired sets (that are no longer available at retail) would not be able to be fulfilled by Amazon. But it is likely that I do not fully understand how FBA works. Please disregard my previous post due to my ignorance.

FBA/Fulfilled by Amazon simply means that Amazon is acting as the shipper for stock that is provided to them by the third party seller. It isn't stock that Amazon acquires from the manufacturer or a distributor and sells on Amazon's own behalf, it's stock that Amazon is sent by third-party sellers and shipped (upon sale) on THOSE people's behalf.

Retired/non-retired has nothing to do with an item's eligibility for FBA.

• Like 1

I was not aware of the backstory. I was reacting to forthofer comment

"

1. The manager of the store told me.
  2. Everything that particular manager has told me so far, has been true.

"

which sounded exactly like one of the posts hxckid88 made awhile ago (can't find one right know).  But yeah, I bet hxckid88 does not have that highly collectible set  :-)

I know what you were reacting to and you have every right to question him, but I really didn't like the way you responded to him.  This is what I was talking about the other day...CIVILITY.  Jason knows people at LEGO and he had enough couth to not drop any names.  

So if a person acts weak and vulnerable, attacking them is the way to respond?   Thanks Machiavelli...

Yes, that's how they do it on the internets.  I am off to CNN comments section

P.S. I will try to refrain from posting snarky (and hilarious to me) comments. You are trying to run serious investment site for adults here, after all

• Like 1

Yes, that's how they do it on the internets.  I am off to CNN comments section

P.S. I will try to refrain from posting snarky (and hilarious to me) comments. You are trying to run serious investment site for adults here, after all

There is no accounting for taste.  By the way...try real hard.  

I was not aware of the backstory. I was reacting to forthofer comment

"

• The manager of the store told me.
  • Everything that particular manager has told me so far, has been true.
"

which sounded exactly like one of the posts hxckid88 made awhile ago (can't find one right know). But yeah, I bet hxckid88 does not have that highly collectible set :-)

I have no insider info. I posted what I was told. I stated this and did not mislead in anyway.

I have no insider info. I posted what I was told. I stated this and did not mislead in anyway.

I agree with you.  It is quite possible some LEGO store managers...and therefore some employees, are privy to some insider information.  The hard part is figuring out which ones to believe and which ones to ignore.

Isn't hxckid88 always laughed at?  Sorry...I couldn't resist.  Just be nice.  I don't want to have to pull my Patrick Swayze video clip out!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

As long as we all agree that we don't have to be "civil" with hxckid88 , I am ok

P.S. Isn't that hxckid88 , the guy who makes "c..s..r" comment??

As long as we all agree that we don't have to be "civil" with hxckid88 , I am ok

P.S. Isn't that hxckid88 , the guy who makes "c..s..r" comment??

Deal.  I was an E-Thug before I started following Patrick Swayze's philosophies.  I know how hard it is to be nice.

Emazers, I love your posts, your thoughts, and you in general. You've been friendly, wise, and generous with your time and expertise.

But i think you're wrong here.

As a FRIENDLY bet,,,, Let's put your one SSD for 399.99 against my 23 Umbaran Tank's i just picked up for 16.79 each.

I'll let you pick the duration. 6 months, 12 months, whatever.

We can use BrickPicker's valuation after that duration and see which was the better investment.

Stakes are, the loser has to put "________ was right" in their signature file for a year.

Sound good ? :)

-oh and i fully recognize the extra work in packing & shipping extra sets (not in listing them, that's just extra quantity on your ebay page). So we can use whatever the BrickPicker contest used to account for that. Perhaps a 'service fee' per set sold.

This sounds a LOT like the Warren Buffett $1,000,000 bet against Prot

• Like 1