Walmart.ca Clearance Deals

Veegs

For those that can't/don't/won't go through some of the hassles of getting international deals in Canada, Walmart.ca has eight sets in stock on clearance.  Nothing really to write home about, but if you are hesitant to order from Amazon.co.uk and rarely/never cross the border to get US deals, this might interest you.

Most of these 'clearance' prices bring them around US MSRP. 

Guest eightbrick

I mostly use the Walmart website to check for in-store deals; it is somewhat reliable at telling you where an item is in stock and for what price; for example most stores that still have Darth Maul's Infiltirator ring up at 39.00 on the website. Its not foolproof, but is better than nothing and if all else fails and the price is higher in store, maybe show the store manager a screenshot of the online store stock-check price. Here's to hoping the LOTR prices drop further :D

I mostly use the Walmart website to check for in-store deals; it is somewhat reliable at telling you where an item is in stock and for what price; for example most stores that still have Darth Maul's Infiltirator ring up at 39.00 on the website. Its not foolproof, but is better than nothing and if all else fails and the price is higher in store, maybe show the store manager a screenshot of the online store stock-check price. Here's to hoping the LOTR prices drop further :D

Around me their system is terrible, I've bought the last of a product before and it's taken 3-4 months before it shows that it's no longer in stock. I just call stores to double check stock. I've only had it once where an item was on clearance on the website (for that store) but it rang up regular price in store. Like you said the manager had no problem adjusting the price. I still love using the website for checking prices though even if stock levels aren't the best, at least then I know if I can get it cheaper in the first place.

I wonder if LotR prices will drop much further, I guess it just depends on your area and how fast stuff sells. I've been watching Uruk-Hai Army like a hawk for a price drop so I can add more to my ever expanding army. I don't think I'll see a price drop on it anytime soon though, it just seems to be Weathertop and Mines or Moria at the moment.

I wonder if LotR prices will drop much further, I guess it just depends on your area and how fast stuff sells. I've been watching Uruk-Hai Army like a hawk for a price drop so I can add more to my ever expanding army. I don't think I'll see a price drop on it anytime soon though, it just seems to be Weathertop and Mines or Moria at the moment.

Did you build a MOC? Few Walmart's near me even have Uruk-Hai Army...or just too expensive at retail price.  Would be nice to pick up a few more especially with a decent sale.  Have enough Weathertop...still searching for a deal on my first Helm's Deep - still have time I hope :)    

Did you build a MOC? Few Walmart's near me even have Uruk-Hai Army...or just too expensive at retail price.  Would be nice to pick up a few more especially with a decent sale.  Have enough Weathertop...still searching for a deal on my first Helm's Deep - still have time I hope :)

I'm in the process of building a Moc but I've run out of bricks, I haven't been back from my dark age long enough to accumulate a lot of bricks.

Guest eightbrick

Mines of Moria is down another 5 bucks to 75, after only about a week at 80. I'm feeling a substantial price drop coming if the stock lasts a lot (2 weeks +) longer. Didn't notice much else new in my regular price swoop.

Mines of Moria is down another 5 bucks to 75, after only about a week at 80. I'm feeling a substantial price drop coming if the stock lasts a lot (2 weeks +) longer. Didn't notice much else new in my regular price swoop.

yeah, i will have to buy if it ever gets down $60-$70 CAN.  Never bought from Walmart.ca before...guess it's best to have it shipped to your local store to lower proability of box damage.

If you ever see Uruk Army clearanced at $20 CAN...don't buy all the stock and PM first before posting ok (Brianl3)?  JK.  Haha.     

Guest eightbrick

yeah, i will have to buy if it ever gets down $60-$70 CAN.  Never bought from Walmart.ca before...guess it's best to have it shipped to your local store to lower proability of box damage.

If you ever see Uruk Army clearanced at $20 CAN...don't buy all the stock and PM first before posting ok (Brianl3)?  JK.  Haha.     

Sure, if I see anything I'll give y'all a shout (it's not like I have money to buy out all their stock anyways xD). I got one for that price in the US, but doubt it will dip that low this side of the border. Walmart seems satisfied with slowly running down the stock on the 3 smaller LOTR sets. On an off-topic note, I feel like my hands are washed in the mud of unethical business practices now, because I hid my local Walmart's 75 buck (last one) Moria behind a bunch of M---B----- crap that has been sitting there for like 6 months in the hopes some sales clerk will find it in a couple weeks and mark it down. LOL

PS: it might be worth a check around to see if there are any Apple Tree Houses (creator) left around you at Wally's, they should be marked down to 30 if you can find one.