Do you like the old or new Star Wars minifigs more?

Blackjack

Do you like old or new?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Old or new?

• Old
    • New

We haven't had a non-investing thread in a while, and this is just to spice things up!

Do you prefer the old (1999-2006/7) minifigures over the newer (post Clone Wars I guess) ones?  Although there are some classics like old Jabba, Bib Fortuna and old Yoda that are superior to the new figs, I think that I prefer the new ones because of more detailed printing and accuracy.  One downside of the new figs is that they crack, break, and scratch more easily than the classic figs. 

You can factor price, detail, piece quality, and quantity produced of the minifigure into your answer.

I like the new minifigures for detail reasons.  Especially adding the flesh tones.  I can't imagine a yellow Lando Calrissian.

I agree. The new remakes of minifigures are awesome IMO. The level of detail is definitely going up, but is the quality staying consistent? Personally I haven't had too many problems with quality of the printing, pieces, etc.

i seem to like the older figures because alog of them are more rare now - so for someone who collects the mini figs, i would have to lean toward the older. Hpwever, as mentioned, the level of detail in figures is going up, and the figures are becoming more "lifelike"

I like the old ones better because they are the original ones.  The new ones are more detailed but the old are more nostalgic.  Its like the old SW action figures from the 70's vs. the new ones from this decade that make Luke all buff.  He wasn't buff, he was scrawny like the ones from the 70's.

I like the old ones better because they are the original ones.  The new ones are more detailed but the old are more nostalgic.  Its like the old SW action figures from the 70's vs. the new ones from this decade that make Luke all buff.  He wasn't buff, he was scrawny like the ones from the 70's.

I think you're referring to the "Power of the Force" line that came out around 1997, where Luke, Vader, pretty much every male character looked musclebound.  That first wave was pretty awful.  Following waves went back to more normal physiques...

Oh, and as for minifigs, I likes old and new.  The more (variations) the merrier...

When I clicked on the thread title, I guessed that it was started by Blackjack. I know you too well! :)

I voted old, because "there ain't nothing like the classics!" as I said somewhere else in the forums. Your points are very valid, that the new ones have way more detail, but are less durable.

I guess I like the old ones because even if they have a little "wear-and-tear" somewhere, they still do retain their value, if that makes sense. Let's look at the old Jabba. He has exactly zero paint on him, yet even buying a used one, he can be in fair to good condition. Its because all of the detail is there without any decals that makes them better. The hunk of plastic is epic enough for me!