If the next UCS is a re-make...

scottjs

Which Lego Star Wars set do you think TLG will re-make next as a UCS set whether it has existed as a UCS or regular set in the past? I'm leaning towards the Cuusoo Sandcrawler http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1786 only because its currently under review and the past set was a while ago (2005). However there are quite a few other options out there, and I would guess with the SSD on the way out in the next bit (thanks again Emazers!) we would see something in the same scale. What would everyone like to see and/or what do you think TLG will actually produce?

I've thought about a Millennium Falcon remake (I want one sooooo bad but I won't pay the current prices), and it would make sense with the current MF on its way out but would they not wait a bit before releasing another? If there's money to be made though.

UCS full size Cloud City that can actually hold the Millennium Falcon on the landing bay.  It could come with the Han Solo torture room, holding cell, dinner table with Vader, carbon freezing chamber, a bunch of augnauts, Lando's house complete with a fridge full of Colt 45 beers (80's beer commercial Billy Dee Williams was in for you all too young to remember), and lightsaber duel area with Luke and Vader.  Should run about $1200 each and have a limited production of only 1000 sets.

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

UCS full size Cloud City that can actually hold the Millennium Falcon on the landing bay.  It could come with the Han Solo torture room, holding cell, dinner table with Vader, carbon freezing chamber, a bunch of augnauts, Lando's house complete with a fridge full of Colt 45 beers (80's beer commercial Billy Dee Williams was in for you all too young to remember), and lightsaber duel area with Luke and Vader.  Should run about $1200 each and have a limited production of only 1000 sets.

1000? Make it 100,000 and it would still get sold out the first day. 

I think the fact that there is currently another very good version of the MF for sale means that they are less likely to target that for a remake.  Also the UCS MF only came out in 2007 so I think one of the earlier models have a higher likelihood of a remake just now, not to mention that there are a few options for UCS that haven't yet been explored.  The new movies may also throw out a few options in the longer term.