Long time fan, first time user

Hi everyone - long time LEGO fan, but I'm new to Brickpicker and Lego investing "for profit."  I was wise enough in my youth to save all my old Lego sets from the 80s and 90s, but just because I loved them so much - I never really thought about selling them!  :-).  I have many classic castle, forestmen, pirates, and space sets.  

Now my son is 6 and loves Lego and I have rediscovered my love for them as well - man are the sets and themes cooler now...there's just so many!  We have bought quite a few Star Wars, Super Heroes, and Monster Fighter sets for ourselves in the last year!

Now I am beginning to buy sets on sale that I hope to resell for profit.  My first purchase was probably my best when I found 2 POTC black pearls at 50% off shortly after last Christmas and now my inventory is growing!

I'm looking to plugin with communities like this one to share tips, advice, and encouragement.  I would love to build it into a nice side business....or more.  I wonder - is there anyone here making a "full-time" living reselling LEGO? I've read that LEGO doesn't grant wholesale prices to independent dealers/shops so I assume everyone uses ebay/amazon/bricklink and such?  Does anyone know of an example of a successful resell store story?  It would be interesting to know if it was even possible.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

/Matt

Hi Matt, welcome aboard. First off, great score on the black pearls. There are several members here who make a living in resell, but most of them would tell you it's very cost-prohibitive to get started, and that you don't want to limit yourself to just Lego products. As for wholesale, we have a member named emazers who used to buy Lego at wholesale prices, but he says now it is almost impossible. Just keep doing what you're doing: buy at steep discounts, where ever you can find them. Cheers!

Hi Matt, welcome to the site. It's awesome that you were able to keep your old sets. So many of us lost ours for reasons outside our control (or sometimes within it) but I doubt you'll find anyone here who isn't pissed that they lost them. But that's where investing comes in, for people who want to buy them back. Enjoy the site!