Howdy from Texas

Hi,

I came across brickpicker when I was searching something on google. I love brickfoilo.  :-)

I am a stay at home mom with 2 young kids. What made me start realizing the value of lego is when I saw how much the duplo dino sets my sons own worth (if new in box), and I bought them 50% off clearance from the lego store. I wonder why I did not buy more then?

one of my kids is autistic, and has low muscle tone, who could not even cut play-doh, had trouble writing that his teachers gave up on him when he was in kindergarten, and taught him how to use keyboard instead. Then he got his first set of Hero Factory, a stormer 3.0. It was very hard for him to put together. It took him a couple hours to put the 20 pieces or so together. But he was determined to build it on his own. Every day, he would take apart Stormer and rebuild him. (repetition is his strength) It took him less and less time. Then something happened. He was able to hold a pencil and started writing letter properly. His Operational Therapy Teacher and Special Ed teacher were very surprised by the improvement, and asked what we did to him. We showed him the Hero, and the OT teacher had him build it in front of her. After she saw how he built it, she told us to let him build Hero every day, and it is OT without him knowning it. She said it was because of how the hero factory pieces are shaped, it helped his pencil grips. With the blessing, we got him more and more Hero Factory sets. of course, he wanted older Hero Factory sets, and I realized how expensive they are.

Before I only bought lego when they were on clearance with the exception of Hero Factory which we still will buy at regular retail price, now I will buy at least 2 sets of the clearance legos. one for my boys to play with, and one to keep. Hoping one day I can sell them for a little profit and can be added to the kids' college fund.

By the way, I have not sold any lego yet. I am still collecting right now. I am thinking to start selling when christmas comes around. or maybe I have to wait until next x'mas, when the sets I have now are older.