Freebies - Keep or Sell

Often when you buy from LEGO Shop at Home you receive a freebie set or poster etc...

Do people tend to keep these or put them straight on to Ebay to offset the cost of the set you are buying.

I have done both:

The Fire Brigade I bought (at RRP!!) came with a Mini Sopwith Camel and a few Legends of Chima posters. I flogged these off for a few pounds which has lowered the cost by approx 4%.

Last Christmas I bought the Grand Emporium for

I guess if you don't like specific freebie items for personal collection/interest...might as well flip it for whatever cash you can get.  Less clutter.  If the freebies have potential for appreciating in value I would hold some and not sell all of it.  For me, I wouldn't be interested in posters at all.  But mini sets you mentioned sounds cool.

I guess if you don't like specific freebie items for personal collection/interest...might as well flip it for whatever cash you can get.  Less clutter.  If the freebies have potential for appreciating in value I would hold some and not sell all of it.  For me, I wouldn't be interested in posters at all.  But mini sets you mentioned sounds cool.

I doubt the polybags will appreciate, the Mini Sopwith Camel went for

I tend to keep them, especially the posters. Eventually, I might sell them in bulk together, but for now, they are one of the many perks of buying LEGO, especially since they are free. 

As Blackjack said, it depends on the amount of sets you buy, and the amount of freebies you get. If you get more than one copy of a freebie, it always works to regift them.

I collect them and wait until they fetch a price I'm happy with.  For Star Wars May the fourth I at least get two so I keep one..  I just got some grand opening freebies that I plan on keeping for my personal collection indefinitely, they don't have much value either, lol.

I tend to sell them pretty close after the time they stop the promotion.  It seems to capture that initial price spike as people who missed out on the promo kick themselves and go shopping for one.  I don't think longer term holdings on them are as good as people tend to forget they existed, apart from some of the more iconic ones.