Does anyone here collect MegaBloks?

Hello, I know most LEGO fans don't even like to mention the term 'MegaBloks' and I know many think they are just big blocks for babies. I do think that the Halo, Need for Speed, StarCraft and World of Warcraft sets are pretty darn cool though. Does anyone think that MegaBlok has a chance of ever becoming liked by the LEGO crowd? I attached some sets that I thought were pretty cool.

Considering that the word "MegaBloks" is practically blasphemy around these parts, I would hazard a guess that no Lego fan would collect them.

Does anyone think that MegaBlok has a chance of ever becoming liked by the LEGO crowd? I attached some sets that I thought were pretty cool.

Unless something changes, no. The quality difference is so noticeable in every thing they produce. The actual pieces are, compared to a Lego brick of the same type, vastly inferior, and the set designs are far behind what the Lego company produces.

I bought my son one of the Halo Megablox. It fell apart continuosly throughout the build. I loved the design and the little figures but even after trying to superglue it the darn things wouldn't stay together. I throw out the bricks everytime I see one. We did however keep the little figures and weapons, which are just awesome. I must have 4 pounds of Megablox I pulled from a large yard sale find. I'm holding on to it because I might use it for another project for miniature wargaming or just try and sell it for $10 on Ebay. But basically Megablox is an epithet in my house.

Yeah, to drive the point home even more... My son built the Lego Death Star almost single handed at 6 1/2. While he was trying to put the Megablox Halo set together and it kept popping apart he was nearly in tears. I tried to help and had the same problem. I got it together long enough to play with thanks to the help of some superglue (I really should have used styrene glue, but didn't have any). Within two weeks it had worked itself apart again. There really is something to the quality control in brick size and clutch mechanism on Lego. Also the Megablox seem to be made of a less dense ABS. If you clean a mixed lot of Lego and Megablox you'll notice the Megablox float better. If James May had used Megablox instead of Lego in building his two story house he wouldn't have gotten past knee high on his build.

Yeah, to drive the point home even more... My son built the Lego Death Star almost single handed at 6 1/2. While he was trying to put the Megablox Halo set together and it kept popping apart he was nearly in tears. I tried to help and had the same problem. I got it together long enough to play with thanks to the help of some superglue (I really should have used styrene glue, but didn't have any). Within two weeks it had worked itself apart again.

There really is something to the quality control in brick size and clutch mechanism on Lego. Also the Megablox seem to be made of a less dense ABS. If you clean a mixed lot of Lego and Megablox you'll notice the Megablox float better. If James May had used Megablox instead of Lego in building his two story house he wouldn't have gotten past knee high on his build.

Mega Bloks are crap...I agree. I do like their store displays, though. Very cool. Check it out...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few Mega Bloks sets, but their nowhere near Lego quality. The blocks just don't feel right and they're difficult to put together or take apart (especially the long flat pieces). Seriously, I've never had to push so dang hard to get two pieces to stick together with ANY Lego as I have had to do with Mega Bloks. A build that should take about 20-30 minutes can take as long as 2 HOURS!! The blocks also look wierd. They have this "swirly" effect in the plastic. (Not the "camo-effect" blocks, I mean 'regular' blocks.) Although, their quality has gotten somewhat better recently, they're still no Lego (or Oxford even). Command Ops, Alien Agency, & the Dragons series were the last great (& original) sets they ever did. All they do anymore is 'license' sets. I'm burnt out on all the Halo 'this or that' sets, especially when how many of them are just redesigns of redesigns! (or even just a simple recolor!) I don't care about the World of Warcraft sets, they do nothing at all. (Except for the Lich King set, but THAT'S IT!) The only thing I look forward to in 2013 are the StarCraft II sets. It would be interesting to see what they're going to do with the Hot Wheels license at the very least. Oh and they're supposed to be doing Barbie sets too. (Whoop-dee-freaking-doo...) Well, if there are people complaining about the Lego Friends series saying it's sexist, I'd LOVE to see what they say about the Barbie sets Mega Bloks come up with!