It sounds like you want only AFOLs working at the LEGO stores and parks. I think it's nice when the employees are extremely knowledgeable on the products, but I don't think it should be a requirement. A lot of the people who work at the LEGO stores and parks are just out of high school or in college. LEGO is an expensive hobby and unless you are a manager or asst. manager the employees at the LEGO stores don't really make that much. The ones I know like LEGO but between school, bills and just living they can't really afford to buy what they want, even with their nice discount. But I don't think this is different than any other large company. There just aren't enough people who like every product to fill stores with only people who love the product they're selling or representing. In my opinion it doesn't really matter. When I go into most stores, but especially the LEGO store, I already know what I want so I don't need anyone selling me on various LEGO sets. It also doesn't bother me that they don't spend their free time trying to found out about every new set in the pipeline so that they can let me know about it.

I did move the topic into the General Investing and Collecting forum. It will get plenty of views there, so don't worry. As for having AFOLs in the stores, I think that is an extra added bonus if there are ones in the store, but I don't think it ruins the experience or will change your shopping habits. Parents going in for the first time with a young child would probably benefit most from having an AFOL to guide them to good sets for their child. Most LEGO buyers will know what they want when entering the store and won't need the extra assistance of any AFOL. Also from my past experience of buying video games in stores like EBgames, Gamestop, etc. I wanted to run in front of train when I walked into those stores. As soon as I entered, they wanted to know what game you wanted and then would proceed to giving me "their" opinion on my purchase and many times would ruin the experience for me and had me rethinking my purchase before even leaving the store. I know that is a drastic example, but true. So I feel that good training of any employee is a good way to go and you don't necessarily need a true fan of the product to enhance the store, or customers shopping experience. Would it benefit people, yes it definitely could. Most of the LEGO stores I have been in have had very nice employees that were very open to help with answering any questions I may have had.

I AGREE...A AFOL IS JUST AN ADDED BONUS. THE ONLY THING I NEED FROM THE LEGO STORE EMPLOYEES ARE WHAT SETS ARE RETIRING SOON. DO YOU HAVE THIS SET IN PRESTINE BOXES AND TIGHT SEALS. AND SPECIAL DEAL HOOK UPS...LIKE IF I COME BACK LATER AND I SPEND ANOTHER $75 CAN I GET ANOTHER GREEN HULK. OR IF I SPEND $300 CAN I GET 4 GREEN HULKS. LOL I JUST NEED THEM TO TAKE CARE OF ME IF IM GONNA SPEND MORE MONEY. THE MORE I SPEND THE MORE I FEEL THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF ME CAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY FOR THEM ITS ALL ABOUT SALES. WE AS LEGO INVESTORS KNOW MUCH MORE THEN THEM. THE ONLY THING WE DONT KNOW IS THE INFO THAT LEGO TELLS THEM BUT I FEEL WE ARE MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THEN MOST OF THEM. LOL THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING...YOU DO LOTS OF HOMEWORK!!! LOL

I AGREE...A AFOL IS JUST AN ADDED BONUS. THE ONLY THING I NEED FROM THE LEGO STORE EMPLOYEES ARE WHAT SETS ARE RETIRING SOON. DO YOU HAVE THIS SET IN PRESTINE BOXES AND TIGHT SEALS. AND SPECIAL DEAL HOOK UPS...LIKE IF I COME BACK LATER AND I SPEND ANOTHER $75 CAN I GET ANOTHER GREEN HULK. OR IF I SPEND $300 CAN I GET 4 GREEN HULKS. LOL I JUST NEED THEM TO TAKE CARE OF ME IF IM GONNA SPEND MORE MONEY. THE MORE I SPEND THE MORE I FEEL THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF ME CAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY FOR THEM ITS ALL ABOUT SALES. WE AS LEGO INVESTORS KNOW MUCH MORE THEN THEM. THE ONLY THING WE DONT KNOW IS THE INFO THAT LEGO TELLS THEM BUT I FEEL WE ARE MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THEN MOST OF THEM. LOL THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING...YOU DO LOTS OF HOMEWORK!!! LOL

Working for a LEGO store or amusement park is just a job for most people. I agree with you in that the LEGO fan is more knowledgeable than the regular "Joe Schmo" cashier. Maybe the managers know a little more. The video game business is the same way. People who work at GameStops know very little special information in most cases.