answers for a questioning man

Hello from Kansas City. 

I have bought too many Legos lately and have built some pretty amazing sets, but I have had to slow down on my habitual buying.

as I try and curb the addiction I've been surfin around the net for anything related to deals and others speculation on good sets to buy.  And now I'm hooked on this site.  Should there be a Legomaniacs annonymous?

I made it through the dark days with most of my childhood sets close to intact, but seriously dusty.  I really got into the technic genre when they started making panels and flexible tubes.  I thought 1,000 pieces was a big set, and then, yep, you know the set I'm talking bout.  Anyways I've been stoked about building and investing with these little plastic oddities since. 

What do you guys think about the idea of using the sets from the damaged box sales as investment ?  Do these still keep a high return or should I just get the one that I will tear into and leave the others for another builder looking for a decent deal?

Thank all of you on here for all the tasty news

What do you guys think about the idea of using the sets from the damaged box sales as investment ?  Do these still keep a high return or should I just get the one that I will tear into and leave the others for another builder looking for a decent deal?

As long as you get it for a great price you can make money on it. I wouldn't recommend getting really expensive sets very damaged unless you get a good price on it as it might not appreciate as well as you want. But if you look at what Used sets go for compared to New sets frequently with the average used sets doesn't go for much less than a new one.

Also. Someone please write a Legomaniacs Anonymous Pledge. PLEASE!