75007 - Republic Assault Ship & Coruscant

TheOrcKing

Is anyone having a hard time trying to find Planet Coruscant?

I am dead serious. 75007 is the only one of Series 3 I cannot seem to find at all. For me, Walmart was the first to get Planets Series 3 in but for some reason that wasn't there; only the TIE Bomber/Asteroid Field and Jedi Starfighter/Kamino. Target just got some in last month but guess what? They don't have it either! What the feck?! :blink:

Has anybody found the Coruscant Planet at their local stores and if so which one? I can't believe this and it's driving me nuts....

tmp_image.png

Yup haven't seen it either.  What is frustrating is that some of my walmarts seem to still have the series 1 (sebulba's pod racer) and series 2 (x-wing, at-at, cloud city) planets.  I really wanted to get the series 2 on clearance but I don't think I ever will :/

So it isn't just me then. I have no idea why either retailer doesn't carry just that one yet have the other two stocked up. I may get stuck, take Snowcrash's advice and order that one online sometime, but will hold out a little longer to see if either Walmart or Target get with it and carry it instore.

This may be early to tell, but I would put money on Coruscant and then Kamino being winners on the investment circle. The TIE Bomber will probably go the same way as Series 1 TIE Interceptor/Death Star with it staying a bit above retail for a long while before growing well enough.

For as long as series one has been lingering I'm sure Coruscant will overwhelm your area soon enough.

Fingers crossed on that. We may yet see another half off sale at Target for the Planet sets like last year so perhaps then.

Pretty sure I've seen these in Wal-Marts and/or Targets around me. Since I wasn't particularly looking for them though, I didn't pay extremely close attention. Like most Lego products, they never seem to go on clearance so I never buy them. There are still series 1 Naboo's and Tatooine's lying around here.  

I believe I saw some of the Coruscant Planet (and all Series 1, 2 and 3) at a local Walmart (CAN) on 'clearance' price $8.  Regularly $12.99 CAN I think.  Didn't bite...bought some and sold a couple in Feb/Mar, from an investment/flipping point of view it's shaped irregular so stocking takes up extra space and shipping is a chore if you want to do a good job.      

I feel like the planet sets are not necessarily the best sellers, so most major box stores are keeping old stock out longer before they put out the new sets. 

My Walmarts just think it's a good idea to jam all 3 series of planets in one location, desperately hoping that they'll move.

I would like to eventually collect all the planets for use in a microspace scene, but not until Walmart budges and puts them to the clearance axe already.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the Walmarts and Targets in my area have mostly Series 2 and 3, but this set almost always seems sold out. Is it really that popular?

The only other set this Clone Trooper minifigure comes in is the "Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas" Battlepack so he is somewhat exclusive.

When the new wave of Ep. 2 sets come out this Summer he will be released in the 75015 Corporate Tank Droid.

All of the Walmarts and Targets in my area have mostly Series 2 and 3, but this set almost always seems sold out. Is it really that popular?

Seems so. Maybe they REALLY like Coruscant! Ha ha. The planetoid does look trippy, I'll admit.

When the new wave of Ep. 2 sets come out this Summer he will be released in the 75015 Corporate Tank Droid.

I so had not noticied that. I'm used to BrickLink'ing everything to see what each set has. Coincidently when you pointed that out, it looks like that Clone Trooper may also be available in the new Homing Spider Droid set as well. Guess he isn't half exclusive as before now, more like a quarter exclusive. ;)

Guest eightbrick

I find it harder to find the X-Wing and Yavin 4 one, it seems to regularly be out of stock at the stores near me. Time to buy!

I find it harder to find the X-Wing and Yavin 4 one, it seems to regularly be out of stock at the stores near me. Time to buy!

I believe that it is considered a retired product on Lego.com. It was at least on the "retiring soon" list last night, but could have changed to retired status since I can't find it on the Lego Shop. Since they are everywhere though, I would still wait for some clearance.

EDIT: Just checked, and the X-Wing and Yavin 4 is considered "Retired".

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-wing-Starfighter-Yavin-4-9677

It's funny, I always ignored the planet series, then one day when I was buying groceries at HEB I picked up the x-wing on a whim. I like it a lot, so next I got the TIE interceptor and I like it even more. I got online to see them all and decide which to get next, but I don't want any of them. What I do want, badly, is all three series 4 ships. So, I went from indifference to chomping at the bit for the ones I can't have until September. Such is Lego.

By the way, I see Coruscant everywhere... Something about Houston, it seems like the last place new stuff shows up, but when it does, it's everywhere, all the time. But not on clearance...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...