Poll: Best return long-term of these three sets?

Best return long-term of these three sets?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Best return long-term?

I love the Mercedes licensing of the Unimog, and the fact that it's a big Technic set.  AA should do well, but it's a repeat so there's some risk there.  Fire Brigade will likely do well, but how many of these are available?  Fire Brigade was released a full two years before Unimog so there's a good chance more have been produced.

I like all three, though.  I just like Unimog the best of the three...

• Like 1

1-Batman Arkham Asylum, just check the price on the 2006 Lego & Tru Exclusive one that was $79.99, this set will be a Gold Mine when Retired in 2015, thats when Lego has the marvel License for. "Get as many as you can you will make lots of money on this one."

2-Technics Unimog, Lego and Tru Exclusive, should retire end of the year, but Toys R us has went from $209 last year to $229.99 now on there website, but still $199.99 at Lego.

3-As for the Fire Brigade its done this year and hopefully it will bring in a good profit for people who have some.

• Like 1

While I like the AA the best as far as looks and playability, I think the Unimog will do the best in the long term.  Only problem in the States is that we hardly know what the thing is.  I had to look it up when it came out.  Everybody that's into comics knows what Arkham is.

• Like 1

Everybody that's into comics knows what Arkham is.

Yes. As emazers said. It's practically promised to do well. The Marvel/DC license is just too strong and carries a very, very wide demographic in terms of who is interested. I like the style that the Fire Brigade brings to the modulars, but thinking about it now, AA would probably be the way to lean.

Yes. As emazers said. It's practically promised to do well. The Marvel license is just too strong and carries a very, very wide demographic in terms of who is interested. I like the style that the Fire Brigade brings to the modulars, but thinking about it now, AA would probably be the way to lean.

Not to nitpick, but Arkham is part of the DC Universe.

• Like 2

AA > Unimog > FB

Arkham will do great due to the licensing and minifigure collect-ability. 

Big technic models are always solid performers

The Fire Brigade will make profits but I just think the supply side of the equation will be so high with many people having this one stashed away.

• Like 1

I say AA, even though it's my least fave of the three. I love all things Batman, but the asylum just doesn't do it for me... I think if you didn't have the sign or the figs, nobody would know it was from the Batman universe. You know what might have sealed the deal? A batmobile instead of that silly truck.

Anyway, people will always be looking for batman stuff. When I think of toys as investments, I think about what people will be typing into ebay search. Obviously batman is a more popular property than haunted houses or unimogs.

If you are going in to the current Super Heroes line looking for original Batman line-type returns, you will be disappointed. There were so much less of those produced as they had very short shelf lives and investing then was very different from today. I'm not saying they won't give decent returns, they will, but they aren't going to be anything like the previous stuff.

If you are going in to the current Super Heroes line looking for original Batman line-type returns, you will be disappointed. There were so much less of those produced as they had very short shelf lives and investing then was very different from today. I'm not saying they won't give decent returns, they will, but they aren't going to be anything like the previous stuff.

Right, because in the case of Batman, they basically rehashed every set from the original line, and for the most part, dumbed them down.  The new Arkham is the only set from the new line I'm really excited about...

Right, because in the case of Batman, they basically rehashed every set from the original line, and for the most part, dumbed them down.  The new Arkham is the only set from the new line I'm really excited about...

The newer Batman sets are more 'colorful' too, whereas the original ones had a more traditional dark and edgy tone about them that fit well with the first two Batman films and animated TV series from the 90's to the more recent "The Dark Knight" trilogy. I may be old fashioned but I prefer the classic black & white version of Two-Face; not the purple and orange one.