Opportunity for sealed Series 2 & 3 bags.

LowestFormOfWit

I have the opportunity to buy from a local seller a good amount of sealed bags of CMF Series 2 and sealed bags of CMF Series 3 (way more 2 than 3). The guy used to run a store and said he overbought. After closing his store, he said he found some in his back inventory.

He wanted $4.00 a pack, but after some negotiating, he is willing to come down on the price if I take enough or take the lot.

What's a fair offer that would get me some nice profits? Is $4.00 a bag already a steal because of the limited run nature of Series 2?

You win at 2 bucks a bag, but 4 is definitely on the high end. I've observed some ebay auctions from time to time on CMF's and while there isn't a huge demand, you can make money by selling in volume, a dollar here a dollar there.

I purchased a lot of sealed series 5 baggies recently because I wanted a few figs from that set and I only paid the ebay seller retail price for them. He stated he was having trouble selling over 3 bucks apiece. I don't know if it was that series in particular, or if people just don't want to spend more than 3 bucks on a minifig. But 2 and 3 are obviously older so you might be able to get a bit more and there would still be a decent profit margin if you could acquire them for a bulk price or 2 bucks apiece or something.  

Well he has a boatload of them. I can't afford to buy him out if he's firm on 3 bucks a pop. I'm hoping it's stuff he wants to be rid of, like maybe some horrible memory of his store's retail failure is attached to his surviving inventory and he'll give me a good deal.......

One can hope.

In a few years, when Lego has stopped producing CMFs, I could see sealed packs being worth a fair profit. But right now, with Lego releasing 16 new figs every 4 months, the highest demand will always be for the newest series. I say if you can get them for 2.50 each and store them for 2 or 3 years, you'll do pretty good in the end.