Superman vs Lex Armor & Black Zero Escape for 17.00 YMMV

louisheadstrong

My local walmart has both of these sets on sale for 17.00. I have yet to see Superman vs. Lex Power Armor set for less than $18 (and never on clearance yet).

Black Zero Escape is still a new set and I'm sure that the 17.00 price is the lowest its been as of yet. I'll check some of the other local walmarts soon and see id this an isolated thing or nationwide.

A Walmart near me had two Superman vs. Lex Power Armor lex for $7.00 clearance....but I'm going to say that it was a mistake. None of the other boxes they had were marked with clearance. I only took the marked ones to make sure I didn't get accused of putting the stickers there myself and cleaning them out...

I can definately confirm this one at my Walmart. I just went there much earlier in the day and saw both sets for $17. I already had the Lex Armor, so I only grabbed the Superman Black Zero Escape. I had not planned to buy such a brand new set so early in the game but $3 off already is pretty good.

I can definately confirm this one at my Walmart. I just went there much earlier in the day and saw both sets for $17. I already had the Lex Armor, so I only grabbed the Superman Black Zero Escape. I had not planned to buy such a brand new set so early in the game but $3 off already is pretty good.

A lot of Walmarts don't seem to be using red or clearance tags, instead opting to just change the standard yellow tag to reflect the $17.00 price. So for you hunters who zone in on red tags, look for the number this time.

I saw both those sets on sale at one of the walmarts I went to this weekend. I didn't pick either of them up for $17. It just not enough profit margin for my wife to not kill me and with it being a smaller set but probably to heavy for a First Class label I'd have to hold them a good little while to see a return. I think the Lex set is a good investment though and I would have cleaned them out at $7 with or without the stickers on the box!

I was looking at the Lex set on Ebay and people are paying more for the 3 minifigs sold together than the set costs.

Those still get me. I mean if you are going to pay that much, why not just buy the whole set brand new? I guess those buyers are heavy duty minifigure collectors or only want the characters.

Those still get me. I mean if you are going to pay that much, why not just buy the whole set brand new? I guess those buyers are heavy duty minifigure collectors or only want the characters.

They may be wanting the figs and not paying attention to the fact they could get all three in a cheap set, maybe they are thinking those 3 are part of a 100 dollar set or something. Basically, not doing their homework.

They may be wanting the figs and not paying attention to the fact they could get all three in a cheap set, maybe they are thinking those 3 are part of a 100 dollar set or something. Basically, not doing their homework.

That's true. I wasn't as informed or into researching much about sets myself before BrickPicker. It also is easy to get caught in the 'bid rush' on an auction, too.

That's something I don't get.  I never looked up figs and sets on ebay before Brickpicker, and the site has changed the way a deal with minifigures (my primary hobby) in the least.  It's just common sense.