7956 - Ewok Attack

Marker

If you want to buy this set for investment than I would wait. Usually investors wait for sales to maximize their profit. The other thing with this set is it might not retire for 2+ years and most investors don't want their money to be tied up that long.

If you are a collector and love the Ewok scenes from The Return of the Jedi than by all means get it. I would assume many Ewok fans are happy that they finally released a treetop village.

EDIT: I confused the Ewok Attack with the new Ewok Village. My bad. 

I would say yes, too much to pay. There's a couple on shelf in my area, some for clearance down in the $13 to $17 range. I don't think it sold particularly well. IIRC it got price slashed in most retail locations by $5.00 and it still couldn't move.

It's not that I don't think it could be a hit with the upcoming Ewok set, it's just that right NOW, with $25.00 I could make so many smarter choices with better ROI in a shorter time period.

I say stock up on battle of Endor. They are still fairly cheap as far as above retail and once the village hits people will find the bunker a necessity

+1 for this statement. I bought to completely opened and crushed boxes last year at Walmart and already sold them  :fie: . At least I made a pretty penny on them. But they would have been even better 6 months from now!