Hi, my name is Sean and as a kid as many of you Lego was my main toy from the ages of about 3-14, I started off with space lego and each Christmas / birthday or treat I would always opt for lego. I had a break from it when I was about 8 - 10 and played with some technic for a while but then got back into space when the M tron sets and also the space police sets came onto the market.

Alas it all went into the loft in a box at my parents with the view of handing it down to my kids at some point but that never happened as there was a lack of kids!

They recently bought it round to me and I have steadily built around 56 space lego sets over the last few weeks with a view to selling them all. These are all classic 1983 - 1994 sets and by the looks of things on this site some rarer larger sets (3 space stations for instance)

I am new to the forum but wanted to see firstly what is the best way to sell them (I am an ebay seller but have lost interest with them due to the terrible fees they charge and also their sister company Paypal) or if anyone on here would be interested in buying them? They are all with instructions (sadly no boxes) and as i've built them there have been a few sets that have the odd missing part here and there (but no obscure missing parts), I will list the whole lot with lego ident numbers and I will also be taking a nice group shot of them (mainly for my memories!!) and also individual pictures of each of them with instructions. I also have many base plates and also the crater plates and it really is a nice collection. I was surprised at how well the bricks still went together and I feel all is in great condition for the age.

Any advice on the selling of these is greatly appreciated. I would like to think they can go to a collector that will look after them and of course im trying to get a good amount back for them as quite honestly I need the money.

I will be doing the same with the technic once I have finished with the space lego

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1

Welcome to the site.

If you are willing to wait a few weeks then the founders of this site will be launching an online marketplace called Brick Classifieds that will let you sell your sets with greatly reduced fees.  But if you need a quicker sale then Ebay is most likely your best option.

Welcome, Sean. As Grolim stated, the brick classifieds will be up soon and will allow you to sell with reduced fees, and provide other die-hard collectors the opportunity to buy your stuff. If you are frustrated with the high fees of Ebay, then you might want to stick it out for that. Otherwise you would have to find other avenues like local Craigslist ads, Amazon marketplace, or bricklink. I'm sure there's some people here that would want your stuff.  

Hiya, I didn't have that one but I do have the Alpha Centauri Outpost in perfect condition, the later stuff I was about 10 or 11 so was far more careful with it!!

Ill put a listing of all the numbers I have up on here probably tomorrow night as the wife is out and she wants it all put back away in a big box out of the way....

Going through the space lego sets year by year is great on this site, really good website by the way. Did not know how deep lego went!!! Looking at the years I have many of the 1982-1987 sets and then 89-91 but will take a load of pictures tomorrow night and list the lot.

I probably will wait until this auction site is up and running as im in no rush for cash, just need it for the end of the summer to keep renovating my house!

I've just uploaded the pictures of the entire collection into the members gallery under 'space lego' but if you are looking for numbers here is the run down.

Its a nice collection that will all go up for sale I guess when the auction site is up and running, every set is with instructions and 90% are complete however annoyingly there are a couple with a few odd bits missing, however no specific space lego bricks and certainly no rare ones. It all clicks together well and it is of course played with, the later models are in excellent condition but some of the older models probably need a clean up and a few blocks have marks but nothing too bad at all.

It certainly has bought back a lot of memories building them all though!! Happy ones too

1858 6750 6781 6801 6803 6804 6805 6806 6808 6809 6811 6812 6820 6820 6822 6823 6824 6825 X 2 6826 6831 6832 6842 6844 6845 X 2 6846 6847 6849 6871 6872 6874 6876 6877 6880 6881 6882 6884 6886 6887 6890 6891 6893 6894 6895 6896 6901 6923 6927 6928 6930 6931 6932 6940 6971 6988

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I bit the bullet and placed the whole collection on Ebay, I am probably way off the mark with my initial pricing but I don't want to let it go for peanuts! Item number is 130939191910 if anyone is interested!!

Sill have the technic to go through though!

Guest eightbrick

Welcome to BRickpicker. I would try to sell those sets on eBay, and use the money to invest in some newer sets.

He specifically said he wanted to stay away from eBay...

Hi and welcome to Brickpicker, Sean. As the others have mentioned, in a short time BrickClassifieds will be launched. I'm sure if you PM Ed Mack (co-creator of the site), with your situation he will be more than happy to host your sales in the Classifieds once they are up and running. I wish you the best with regards to the sale of your sets, but I recommend you at least keep one to remember all the good times you had with them (nothing like good ol' nostalgia). Good luck!