Free Shipping Forever...???

LEGO Oleg

I think this makes a lot of sense for Lego.  They make their profit on big sets, and this will really provide a reason for people to buy these big "Hard to Find" and "Exclusive" sets from S@H instead of Amazon, TRU, etc., along with the VIP program refunding back an automatic 5%.  The "Hard to Find" and "Exclusive" sets are the ones that are rarely discounted on Amazon anyway, and almost never on the other online retailers (TRU, Target, etc.).

I have never received a damaged item from S@H. That is totally worth it to me. I know everyone here loves amazons low prices but the fact of the matter is they do not know how to pack and ship LEGO sets period! Oh and I get my sets in two days every time plus they use Saturday fed ex delivery.

I received 1 damaged box from S@H, small box folded in the middle. HOWEVER, I emailed them and got replacment in TWO DAYS for FREE.

Eh honestly I feel like they're still behind.

I can get sets cheaper on amazon and get free shipping on ANY price and it's 2 days, not 3-8 days (well, with Amazon Prime which everyone should invest in anyways :P).

Exclusives and Hard to Finds rarely go on sale on Amazon. I agree Amazon is the place for non-Exclusives like City, LOTR, LR, etc. When Exclusives do go on any meaningful sale (more than 10%) sale, they're gone in the blink of an eye.

The one thing S@H still has working against it vs. Amazon is they charge sales tax.

• 2 weeks later...

At the lego store, employee was telling me the ship free over $75 was not a forever thing... he also mentioned that anything bought in the store that is not in stock gets shipped to your house for free, no matter the amount spent. Seems like an interesting way around shipping costs when buying smaller, harder to find sets... just something to keep in mind.

At the lego store, employee was telling me the ship free over $75 was not a forever thing... he also mentioned that anything bought in the store that is not in stock gets shipped to your house for free, no matter the amount spent. Seems like an interesting way around shipping costs when buying smaller, harder to find sets... just something to keep in mind.

How do you buy something in store that isn't in stock? You mean you can request a set and pay for it in a LEGO store so long as they have it in stock online?

Elaborate?

How do you buy something in store that isn't in stock? You mean you can request a set and pay for it in a LEGO store so long as they have it in stock online?

Elaborate?

Yes. Exactly.

He said that if I wanted to buy a set they didn't stock, but was available online, they could order it from within the store, pay for it there, and that it would ship for free to my house. I asked about the calendar and some tracks and power upgrades for the Horizon Express and knew the total wouldn't be over $75, but then I found out they didn't have any of them in stock. That's when he told me what the store can do for anyone and the free shipping benefit available at any price via the Lego Store.

• 4 weeks later...