Up to 20% off Star Wars...less for SSD, DS, R2D2 at TRU (CAN)

weakside

SSD retails $499.99, sale = $469.97

Death Star retails $499.99, sale = $469.97

R2D2 retails $229.99, sale = $202.37

Nothing too special as I was hoping for actual 20% off...but if you really wanted one (without buying/going to the US), this is the cheapest I've seen in a while for these larger sets.  Saving around $30.  I would have jumped on the DS if it was $399 (normal US retail).  I didn't buy any myself/holding out for better deals but might pick up some ATRT $19.99 and Droid Escape $20.97. 

Haha. yeah, factor in 13% taxes too!!  Use to be 15% tax a few yrs ago.  Loved shopping in NJ, Grove City PA etc...little or no taxes and good deals.  I would gain weight for sure judging by the fast food promos on US channels I see lol.     

I really need a US trading partner or get a US mailing rental box like some CAN investors.  I can find big sets like Modulars, Helms Deep etc cheaper privately than retail here (close to the border, Toronto).       

Haha. yeah, factor in 13% taxes too!!  Use to be 15% tax a few yrs ago.  Loved shopping in NJ, Grove City PA etc...little or no taxes and good deals.  I would gain weight for sure judging by the fast food promos on US channels I see lol.     

I really need a US trading partner or get a US mailing rental box like some CAN investors.  I can find big sets like Modulars, Helms Deep etc cheaper privately than retail here (close to the border, Toronto).       

I have my US purchases (like the May 30th Amazon sale that I just couldn't pass up on) shipped to my mailbox at CBIUSA. They're pretty cheap and reliable, and literally 5 mins from the border. Having a US trading partner or an Amerifriend would be even better.

Thanks for the advice Junta, another Canadian (ph4tb0i) told me something similar.  I'll check info on CBIUSA.  Part of me is trying not to get this US storage/mailing space because than I'll be buying a lot more for sure :)  Guess if you're going to invest, might as get the best margins you can find.  The savings alone from US prices would offset rental fees/travel I'm sure if planning a trip with a big haul of inventory already.    

No problem man. When I registered on CBIUSA, I selected Option 1B which says each package is $5.95 for pickup. However, somehow I got upgraded to the Option 2 membership at no cost. So to my delight, each package only costed me $1.80 when I picked them up.

for real.......im thinking we could ship a DS to canada for 440-50 dont ya think?

The problem with shipping such large/expensive items through to Canada is that depending on how the customs form is filled out, you can end up paying just as much. Also, never, ever, ever, use UPS. Their brokerage fee kills all but the best deals (or the really heavy items that USPS won't ship). Lets say you get a DS for $350.

DS @ $350 US

Shipping $50 US (it is a big set)

----------------------------------

$400 US = $414 CDN

Brokerage $5 (USPS/Canada Post)

Taxes (where I am it is 12%) $50

-----------------------------------

Total is $469

The best option is to ship to the border and go pick it up yourself. I bought one for a grand total of $392 US by shipping it and picking it up myself... I made it worthwhile by picking up $3k worth of Lego though and with 4 people going for a weekend of fun, we were able to avoid taxes coming back home.