Hulk Helicarrier Breakout 6868 ringing up for $15 at a Walmart.

akohns

Walked into a Walmart that I don't usually make it to often about a month ago and on the bottom rack of the lego Isle there were (5) 6868 and the white and yellow sticker said "$15." They scanned for $15 so I bought them all. 

Fast forward to tonight I decided to drive out of my way to visit this Walmart again. Two more 6868 in the same spot, still marked $15. Strange thing I noticed tonight when I bought those two is my receipt doesn't say "clearance" or "you saved..." It just looks like a regularly priced item.

This Walmart didn't have a single clearance lego set either time I visited and has a very very very small toy section and about half the lego sets the other 3 walmarts in town keep in stock.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Wondering if there are any retailers who might pricematch this too?

I'm planning on visiting/calling the store again regularly and ask if they have any in stock. It seem they must be ordering more and restocking even though they are taking a loss.

Actually I bought 5 at another Walmart for $30 and 7 total at this Walmart for $15. All the other Walmarts have them for $50. I don't want to attract too much attention and them change the price. Anyone know how quickly most Walmarts restock sets?

Actually I bought 5 at another Walmart for $30 and 7 total at this Walmart for $15. All the other Walmarts have them for $50. I don't want to attract too much attention and them change the price. Anyone know how quickly most Walmarts restock sets?

In my experience, Walmart NEVER restocks ....

In my experience, Walmart NEVER restocks ....

My gut tells me the two sets I found the second round weren't returns. 

On a side note I visited the Walmart that I picked up the 5 for $30 and they didn't have any but they did have an empty space for where they went and empty space with tag readying $30 was moved to an entirely different shelf from when I cleaned them out. So I would have to think that they restocked at some point. Obviously not considered a clearanced item.