best $20 set out now

Superman & Lex and the Wolverine Chopper for sure.  Maybe Riddles for the Ring or Gandalf arrives as well.  Monster fighters Mummy set as well perhaps.

The mummy set is really cool. Buyer beware, there are two versions: one mummy minfigure glows, the other does not. Same goes for the hearse roof sticker, and the wall stickers on the VC. I don't hear much mention of that from the MF supporters, but it's there.

The mummy set is really cool. Buyer beware, there are two versions: one mummy minfigure glows, the other does not. Same goes for the hearse roof sticker, and the wall stickers on the VC. I don't hear much mention of that from the MF supporters, but it's there.

Which version of the sets are harder to come by? Glow of no-glow?

Which version of the sets are harder to come by? Glow of no-glow?

I think he is refering to older versions of the Mummy character like the one from Studios and Series 3 of the Minifigures since those do not glow in the dark. Every Monster Fighters The Mummy set has one that glows (or at least they are supposed to). I can't see Lego creating two different ones for the same set with or without the feature. He means to be careful if someone says they have the Monster Fighter Mummy to sell and it turns out it is not. The Monster Fighters Mummy looks awfully close to the Series 3 Mummy.

Nevermind, I stand corrected.

No. Just read up on this. LEGO actually discontinued certain glow-in-the-dark elements for the following sets:

9462 - The Mummy - The Mummy minifigure no longer has glow-in-the-dark print.

9464 - Vampyre Hearse - The roof sticker no longer glows in the dark.

9468 - Vampyre Castle - The wall sticker sheet no longer glows in the dark.

I just took a look at my three VCs and two of them are non-glow in the dark versions. The box print reflects if the elements are glow-in-the-dark or not, and they even have different item numbers and UPC labels. Two set variants for three sets! This is something that's definitely undereported.

No. Just read up on this. LEGO actually discontinued certain glow-in-the-dark elements for the following sets:

9462 - The Mummy - The Mummy minifigure no longer has glow-in-the-dark print.

9464 - Vampyre Hearse - The roof sticker no longer glows in the dark.

9468 - Vampyre Castle - The wall sticker sheet no longer glows in the dark.

I just took a look at my three VCs and two of them are non-glow in the dark versions. The box print reflects if the elements are glow-in-the-dark or not, and they even have different item numbers and UPC labels. Two set variants for three sets! This is something that's definitely undereported.

When did they do this? Wierd. Every single one that went out all the way up to Walmart selling their last Monster Fighters set each showed the glow-in-the-dark element. Was there some kind of health hazard or something?

The big question is which version will be the more sought after in 2 years by the collecting comunity?  The obvious answer is the glow-in-the-dark version, but if the non-glowing versions prove to be significantly rarer and harder to find then all bets are off.  This all assumes, of course, that the collecting community knows or even cares about this issue in the first place.  If it does become an issue, I wonder if it will be a significant one in regards to price?  Just how much more will the secondary market pay for a glowing/non-glowing element?

My kingdom for a crystal ball...