Hello From Ohio

Hi, my name is Michelle, 41 female from Ohio, and this is my first post on any forum ever. I've loved Lego as long as I can remember. I have been on here since Sept. reading everything and really enjoying it, I'm on here everyday. Jeff, Ed thank you for doing this for all of us this site is so great and helpful.  My love of Lego started with my brothers who were over a decade older than me, the old red and white Lego they had from the 60s became mine in the 70s. My Mom started buying me Lego sets in 1980, one of the first one's being 6390 Main Street one of my all time favorites. I played with Lego till I was probably fifteen, I never wanted to give up Lego it just happens, I think you trade for a drivers license, lol. In my early 20s I came out of my dark ages for the first time. A lot of my favorite sets are from that period in the first half of the 90s. I love Paradisa I thought it was great, my other favorites at the time were the marina and seaport sets, they had those great dock road/plates, miss those, oh and that was when they had the western theme, just some really great sets. So, I had lots of new l

Lego and all my old Lego (Mom made me keep them all separated in there original boxes, everything was pretty much complete). Then life happened the relationship I was in ended, I left and left all my Lego behind. :( I hurts my entire being every time I think about it. Wow, just when I needed a pick me up the door bell just rang, FedEx with Lego from Amazon :D. Ok back to the story, I have looked over the years into recollecting all the old sets I lost, finally about three and a half years ago I started collecting again. Now I am investing and I'm getting ready to start parting out some sets. I love the modulars, I have a Green Grocer, wish I knew then what I know now, would have bought extra, and would have bought a CC is was only $400 then and I thought that was crazy then lol. Ok that's enough I could go on forever, looking forward to talking to you all.

• Like 2

You can say that again!  Where in Ohio are you?

I know, I know, many times I was going to say something and didn't, but now I hope to contribute more.

I'm in NW Ohio about 30 min from Toledo. I just went and looked  you up Blackjack, complete opposite corners of the state.

Thanks for the nice welcome.