Anyone going to Brickcon 2013 in Seattle?

I think I might venture to Seattle this October for Brickcon. The only thing that is holding me back is the LEGO blocumentary on you tube that profiles the founders of brickcon, not to be rude but the type of people I saw there in the documentary seemed well kinda weird. I consider myself a pretty normal guy so I don't want to go all the way up there and feel out of place. I know I am stereotyping but it is what it is. Anyone else been to something like this. Will they burn me at the stake if in show up and mention investing?

Interesting, it would be cool to see all those great displays!

Well, conventions like this attract a lot of very different people. I am sure there are some that are really..."invested" in LEGOs that in turn may look weird to some of us in a way, but as you said I'm sure they are most nice people. You would probably find people you fit in more once there I guess. I had not seen anything about this, and had been thinking about a trip to get to know Seattle for a while now, so I will definitely make a note and see if this is something I am interested in visiting.

Having said that, I have never really attended events like this, so I don't know what to expect either LOL

I watched the video, but I didn't see anyone with three eyeballs or ketchup packets glued to their head, so... Maybe we just have different definitions of weird lol. Seriously though if you like Lego I don't think you should let a guy with a bit of boob sweat stop you from going. Obviously you've never been to a comic book convention :)

Looks pretty cool, but I couldn't justify the expenditure of a trip out there to dreary Seattle for that. There's so many other places I want/need to go that as much as I love seeing people's MOC's and such I just couldn't do it. I've never made it out to New York yet, so that's my next goal on the bucket list. If the brickcon was happening there, I'd go.  

Did anyone else cringe when they opened up all those Eiffel Towers for that speed build contest?

Those were used sets, weren't they?!? I thought I saw ziplock bags... By the way, i'm jealous you've been to SDCC. I want to go, but my wife says the kids are too young still. Of course, when they are old enough for airplanes and week-long hotel stays, they'll probably talk me into Disney World first. Pbbbbt.