How many BP members do you personally know outside of the forums?

Blackjack

Since we can now place a location designation in our profile, we'll probably start to communicate a little more offline.  Yes, I'm in rural Southern Ohio and I don't even have a Target near me.  I have to travel over an hour in several directions to shop at Target.

I don't know anyone on here but it wouldn't matter for me to post my location, because the market here is already extremely competitive. It doesn't really matter if they lurk on here and see me. Sometimes I'll get a good deal, sometimes I won't. Basically its early bird gets the worm on everything, and no one else gets squat because they take it all. So you better find the clearance stuff first at least some of the time, or you aren't getting anything. Big fish in the pond indeed.

Craigslist here is a Lego feeding frenzy. If you see something good pop up on CL you better respond with the quickness, I mean within minutes, or its gone. Someone posted a used, complete Hogwarts castle the other day for $75, semi-decent deal i guess, and it was gone by the time I saw the posting two hours later. Someone posted a bulk lot for $200 a couple weeks prior to that which included the older SSD and other early SW sets...gone in minutes. People are trolling for deals hard.

Yep, Craigslist is a wasteland.

The few people I have called were resellers trying to get rid of their crappy items and they all say "I'm out of the game" to make me think they don't care about the price.  I don't like when people say "don't email, call only" because those are the slick salesmen.

I don't know anyone outside of the forums or this site for the matter. There may be a couple of people in my state I'm sure but I have no idea really. I wouldn't mind meeting up with people from here once in a while though.

Oh, and this marks my 3,000th post! post-2081-0-58225800-1369787482.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...