Going on holiday to Disneyworld

I'm going on holiday to Disneyworld in a few months, is there anything that would be better to get over there rather than the UK?

I'll be going to the Lego shop in Downtown Disney and also the Legoland. Have booked an extra 25kg suitcase for the return trip :D

Thanks

Mark

I recommend the Kingdoms Chess set. Small, light and they are likely to be selling for 200% retail as soon as it goes EOL. They were out of stock online for a month late last year and I called Downtown Disney store and had 5 shipped to me with a 10% discount thanks to my sister-in-law who was a disney employee at the time! Sold a couple of them for $100 during that period. I'm pretty sure that's an excellent sign!

I'll be at Disneyworld next month with family, but I'm not sure I understand what all the excitement is about...my understanding was everything at these stores was sold at MSRP. I'm not planning on getting anything unless its somehow being clearanced or they happen to have something laying around that's EOL. Then again, I'm not too familiar with how paying MSRP in the U.S. differs from the UK pricing structure. 

• Like 1

I'll be at Disneyworld next month with family, but I'm not sure I understand what all the excitement is about...my understanding was everything at these stores was sold at MSRP. I'm not planning on getting anything unless its somehow being clearanced or they happen to have something laying around that's EOL. Then again, I'm not too familiar with how paying MSRP in the U.S. differs from the UK pricing structure. 

I think UK prices are typically 25-50% higher than US prices, but I've seen Amazon UK discount some sets so they are competitive with US pricing. 

I would look at "expensive" sets in (relatively) smaller boxes.  Off the top of my head - Horizon Express, VW Camper, Winter Village Cottage (if available), Jabba's Palace and Kingdom's Chess are all great choices.  To fill in the gaps, I like Golden Dragon and Minecraft (great return for a small box).  Other "mid-to-large" sets to consider are An Unexpected Gathering and Olivia's House, but Amazon UK has them discounted for close to US retail.

Otherwise, shooting for one large one might make sense if it's really expensive, for example you can save a truckload of cash buying SSD in the US at retail ($400 vs roughly $540 on Amazon UK).  Death Star would be the same, but we all know that guy's retirement issues...

My sister works at Disney so I go a lot and she gets 20 percent of legos. And I agree with joshtx everything is MRSP. Joshtx when are you going cause I'm going to be there through the 4th of July.

I'll be there from around the 13th to 17th of June. 

Well, you might get lucky with the Downtown Disney Store. I make a point of visiting it at least every sunday as they do often have some sets on sale. I have found a bunch of Winter Cottages at around $75 and some others with similar discounts as well. At this point they really don't have space for the second wave of LOTR, so you MIGHT find something that's worth it by then. Plus, if by any chance you know anyone or will be purchasing an annual pass you get an instant 10% off on everything.

The Legoland store I have no idea.