Winter Village Cottage gone from Lego Shop

Diabolos80

Um, yeah... So I was checking s @ **** for some sets, and guess which one I couldn't find. No listing at all. What does that mean? I think it's safe to assume that we'll be seeing this set again this Christmas, or is it? Has anyone here ever heard of a set just disappearing like this?

Um, yeah... So I was checking s @ **** for some sets, and guess which one I couldn't find. No listing at all. What does that mean? I think it's safe to assume that we'll be seeing this set again this Christmas, or is it? Has anyone here ever heard of a set just disappearing like this?

I think they do this with a lot of the seasonal items. Taking them away when it's not that time of year, and bringing them back. I would have to think there is about 0% chance the Cottage is gone for good already, we haven't even seen this year's selection yet, though if I remember right, rumor was a market.

I believe it will be back, but I've been surprised by them before so no sure shot!

If this is done (which I doubt), it would be the shortest mainstream holiday set's lifespan since the train 2006 train set, right? Granted, the lifespans between the two aren't in the same league,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest eightbrick

I don't why the WV line doesn't get more attention here. The Toy Shop and now the Bakery have doen very well. I picked up two of these cottages at half off CDN retail, so I'm happy for now. Just wish I got my hands on a Bakery and Post Office for my personal collection, these are awesome sets. Oh well, when the classifieds are set up I can hunt around there.

I don't why the WV line doesn't get more attention here. The Toy Shop and now the Bakery have doen very well. I picked up two of these cottages at half off CDN retail, so I'm happy for now. Just wish I got my hands on a Bakery and Post Office for my personal collection, these are awesome sets. Oh well, when the classifieds are set up I can hunt around there.

I was smart enough to grab some Bakeries and Post Offices last year, but the Toy Shop was already retired and had to pay reseller price for it, but needed it for the collection of Winter Village.  The Cottage is pretty cool, and definitely should have a couple in your arsenal, because I would guess this season will be it's last.  The Market is really cool, it's just too bad it's a bunch of smaller builds.  The carousel in the set is amazing, though.

Guest eightbrick

I was smart enough to grab some Bakeries and Post Offices last year, but the Toy Shop was already retired and had to pay reseller price for it, but needed it for the collection of Winter Village.  The Cottage is pretty cool, and definitely should have a couple in your arsenal, because I would guess this season will be it's last.  The Market is really cool, it's just too bad it's a bunch of smaller builds.  The carousel in the set is amazing, though.

Yeah, I was a bit set off by the market's multiple builds as well. Hahaha, maybe I'll trade you a cottage for a post office when the classifieds opens. They are basically worth the same thing (109 for the cottage, 101 for the bakery).

It looks like the Cottage is starting to show up on a few retailers web sites now in preparation for the holiday season. I haven't noticed the Winter Village Post Office yet though -- and that is now selling for around $99 on Ebay. I am fairly new to investing/collecting but I recall some confusion whether or not we would see it again this year. 

Glad I was able to snag a Cottage and PO at 20% off at a LEGO store after the holidays in Jan 2013.

Guest eightbrick

It looks like the Cottage is starting to show up on a few retailers web sites now in preparation for the holiday season. I haven't noticed the Winter Village Post Office yet though -- and that is now selling for around $99 on Ebay. I am fairly new to investing/collecting but I recall some confusion whether or not we would see it again this year. 

Glad I was able to snag a Cottage and PO at 20% off at a LEGO store after the holidays in Jan 2013.

Rumors are that the Post Office is done (although I really hope it isn't). I guess having three Winter Village sets around each year was too much.

Guest eightbrick

These sets get marked down 30% off at the Lego store every year in large quantities.

And yet they still post great returns. I'm a big fan of these as both investments and sets. A bit under the radar, too.