Clone Wars vs. Original

Medieval Guy

Is there a significant difference in the investing potetial of Clone Wars sets and the Original Star Wars movie sets? I would think that there would be more people interested in the original stuff, but the Clone Wars stuff is also hugely popular.

Although the Clone movies sucked in my opinion, the Clone LEGO sets are very popular. People love the Clone Troopers. Did I say, LOVE them? :) It seems like the Republic sets and Clone sets do resell higher.

• 5 months later...

I think it all comes down to the individual sets. There are sets from each series that are huge winners and there are some that are better as doorstops. The early Clone Wars stuff seems to be more valuable, probably because there is more exposure now (and therefore more sets sold).

• 2 months later...

I think it all comes down to the individual sets. There are sets from each series that are huge winners and there are some that are better as doorstops.

The early Clone Wars stuff seems to be more valuable, probably because there is more exposure now (and therefore more sets sold).

I agree. The first Star Wars the Clone Wars battle pack they released (8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack.) goes for about $22. That is almost double its retail price of $11.99.

Is there a significant difference in the investing potetial of Clone Wars sets and the Original Star Wars movie sets? I would think that there would be more people interested in the original stuff, but the Clone Wars stuff is also hugely popular.

I think it's about the same. You probably have more adults buying OT sets for themselves, but then you have adults buying Clone Wars sets for their kids, so the potential is there for either theme. But yah, there have been a few bad apples in each group.

If anything, I would think there would/should be a tapering off of demand for OT sets because most adult collectors already have the "iconic" ships/sets they want by now. Plus, the new trilogy ramping up will further push OT sets into less of a prime spot, as far as new Lego releases.

Well to me OT has my heart... I like some new sets (The new confederate tank droid with jango fett is a must have for me) but overall nothing beats X/Y - wings AT-ATs, Death Star, SSD, and many others And I might be biased but OT sets look better on display to me... I mean how can you compare that beautiful ATAT to that crap clone wars walker ???

Well to me OT has my heart... I like some new sets (The new confederate tank droid with jango fett is a must have for me) but overall nothing beats X/Y - wings AT-ATs, Death Star, SSD, and many others

And I might be biased but OT sets look better on display to me...

I mean how can you compare that beautiful ATAT to that crap clone wars walker ???

Haha, careful, your bias is showing, Alcarin! But I understand, I know a lot of older SW fans who just do not accept anything past ROTJ as being "real" Star Wars. I like it all though. There are problems with the OT, just like there are issues with the PT. I read an article recently that chronicled all the plot holes of the OT we never really thought about or were concerned about as kids. Those things don't really bother me, as I just enjoy each new installment of Star Wars.

Haha, careful, your bias is showing, Alcarin! But I understand, I know a lot of older SW fans who just do not accept anything past ROTJ as being "real" Star Wars. I like it all though. There are problems with the OT, just like there are issues with the PT. I read an article recently that chronicled all the plot holes of the OT we never really thought about or were concerned about as kids. Those things don't really bother me, as I just enjoy each new installment of Star Wars.

Well I also enjoyed every movie thought I must say i really dislike the 1st movie because apart from Darth Maul everything else is just plain lame...

I think if a set looks good it looks good, regardless of what part of trilogy it belongs.