Elrond Figure

purpleparadox

Well, looks like we've got another exclusive figure coming up! A Last Alliance variant of Elrond is apparently being released with a "Special Edition" of the Lego Lord of the Rings game. Link, with PICTURE, here: http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/08/elrond-avec-le-jeu-video-lego-lord-of-the-rings-special-edition/ Looks pretty sweet! I'll have to get my hands on it. Does anyone care to predict the price this minifig will go for on the aftermarket?

Well, looks like we've got another exclusive figure coming up! A Last Alliance variant of Elrond is apparently being released with a "Special Edition" of the Lego Lord of the Rings game. Link, with PICTURE, here: http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/08/elrond-avec-le-jeu-video-lego-lord-of-the-rings-special-edition/

Looks pretty sweet! I'll have to get my hands on it. Does anyone care to predict the price this minifig will go for on the aftermarket?

Looks like a cool figure, but don't we have to buy the Lord of the Rings video game to get it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's a GameStop exclusive bonus.

Special edition is floating around a few other sites too, as pre-orders. I don't think Gamestop is that BIG enough to corner the market on special editions.

That said, LOTR has a huge following. I'd expect this figure to fetch 1.5 to 2 times what you paid for the game by the third year. While the game itself will be reduced to clearance price of 9.99 after the first year :p

• 1 month later...

Did anyone do this? I preordered two copies of the PC version from Gamestop on October 25th. The game was supposed to be released on the 13th of this month. They still haven't shipped, and the best Gamestop has been able to tell me is that they're backordered. Lame. Shouldn't you close the preorder if you don't have enough stock allotted to cover those orders?

Did anyone do this?

I preordered two copies of the PC version from Gamestop on October 25th. The game was supposed to be released on the 13th of this month. They still haven't shipped, and the best Gamestop has been able to tell me is that they're backordered. Lame. Shouldn't you close the preorder if you don't have enough stock allotted to cover those orders?

Well It was supposed to come out Oct. 30th but an error in the printing machine printed the demo disc version onto the actual full game disc. So the DS and the PSP version were released on the 30th and the rest were to come out on the 13th but the Wii and the PC version took a backseat to the 360 and PS3 due to demand. I would think it should ship in the next day or two. If not contact their support. But I just picked up my version today. Not sure what I want to do with the Minifig yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, guys, went by Gamestop today and asked if all of the Elrond minifigs (that went with the LOTR game) had been claimed and to my surprise 6 had not - since it was almost a month since the video game launched, the store clerk just gave me what was left! He stated that they always have quite a few of the Lego figures left over that people just don't want. Holy Crap - a new Lego acquisition resource! So, here's the question, with Bricklink and eBay prices hovering between $15-$30, would you sell these now or hold onto them? Pretty hard not to sell now since I really have nothing invested. What do you think?

Ok, guys, went by Gamestop today and asked if all of the Elrond minifigs (that went with the LOTR game) had been claimed and to my surprise 6 had not - since it was almost a month since the video game launched, the store clerk just gave me what was left! He stated that they always have quite a few of the Lego figures left over that people just don't want. Holy Crap - a new Lego acquisition resource! So, here's the question, with Bricklink and eBay prices hovering between $15-$30, would you sell these now or hold onto them? Pretty hard not to sell now since I really have nothing invested. What do you think?

I think you got really lucky. Most salespeople are adament that they won't sell, let alone give these out. I would sell them personally, they are already inching down in price since their release.

Sell 3, save 3...

If you're feeling really charitable you could give me one, as I preordered two copies of the game and have zero minifigures to show for it. Where's your Christmas spirit?!?

Heheh.

Freaking Gamestop.

If you're feeling really charitable you could give me one, as I preordered two copies of the game and have zero minifigures to show for it. Where's your Christmas spirit?!?Yeah, Spacewalker95, show some Christmas spirit and GIVE ME ONE! Ha ha ha!

Real lucky there finding those "Elrond" minifigures all the same.

Freaking Gamestop.

I know....CURSE YOU GAMESTOP!!!!

BURN IN THE PITS OF AN EVERLASTING FIERY HELL!!!!

........Okay maybe I overdid it just a bit.

Picked up 3 of these from Ebay. They didn't come with copies of the game in my country (NZ).

One for my personal LOTR minifig collection, one to sell straight away in our local market and the other to hold onto for a year or three to see how much they appreciate.

Good strategy.

That's exactly what I would do.

• 1 month later...

I traded an opened one in excelent condition off a friend when it was worth $30 and still have it. I think that because of the relative rarity of the figure and the fact that it is LOTR and therefore has extra value as a licensed figure means that it will still retain fair value. I will hold onto mine because I love the look of it and because I dont want to miss out if it shoots up in price over the next few years.

• 4 months later...