Market for 10,000+ brick Star Wars displays?

LordSquidworth

Curious as to if people think Star Wars lego displays utilizing 10,000+ bricks, on the huge scale, would be able to find new homes at a fair price. I need a hobby according to the girlfriend (something that has me doing something for hours). Just got out of college, self employed, will still be several years of building a base and certifications before I become busy. Haven't touched legos in years, but it's something I could envision myself doing in the basement. Given I'm still rather young and not going to stay where I am more than a couple years (I really don't like hauling a lot around, especially big stuff), and a lack of space, I'd need to get it out the door afterwards and recover... well... capital (I could use money from investing accounts to make it easy as long as I can get a 8%+ return theoretically).

Ed wrote a Brickvesting Blog article about this. See link below: http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/blog/view/making_money_off_of_custom_lego_models_and_minifigures Not sure of any advice I can give you regarding space. Any decent Lego collection acceptable for serious MOCing is going to take up a lot of space. Same with investing.

MOC is?

Goal is to give myself something to do. Something I can recover the cash from would be ideal, and then just start over again. As much as I'm a collector, I can't be of something like this right now. In a couple years I'll probably be living in a Boston condo, and the parents are looking to clear out and downsize.

Ed wrote a Brickvesting Blog article about this. See link below:

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/blog/view/making_money_off_of_custom_lego_models_and_minifigures

Not sure of any advice I can give you regarding space. Any decent Lego collection acceptable for serious MOCing is going to take up a lot of space. Same with investing.

Thanks. Missed that blog. Thought I'd read them all.

I have the space to do it. I don't have the space to store it and keep doing it. The house is mine, but it'll be a rental in a couple years, so I'd downsize.

MOC is "My Own Creation", Lego vernacular for creating your own model. Might I suggest what Ed put in his blog, and get a Lego CADD program to create your models digitally and sell the instructions. Check out this website for a company that already does this on eBay: http://lionsgatemodels.com Good luck.

Might I suggest what Ed put in his blog, and get a Lego CADD program to create your models digitally and sell the instructions.

I guess I would start smaller than 10,000 brick builds and work your way up to that. A MOC doesn't have to be huge to be interesting. Also, starting small will help you hone your skills...

I totally agree with these. The build need not be huge, just unique and interesting. Plus if you go digital, you won't need a ton of room. Although I will say for myself that I am a tough sell when all I see is just a digital render of a build and not an actual image of it in real life.