Clearances at K-Mart

Everybody's been talkin about K-Mart lately and the deals they've been getting there. (Including Myself) This is where you can post the deals you've found at K-Mart.... only K-Mart though, please. For the fun of it, I put a poll to vote for either K-Mart, Walmart, or Target. Which one's your favorite?

For me, K-Mart has been lousy with sales if at all and Walmart has a discount once in a blue moon. Target doesn't have much for clearance but at least when they do it actually has a decent price difference whereas Walmart just slaps the red tag on the box yet still charge full price. Perhaps I should visit K-Mart more often anyway even if it is dissapointing as usual. Maybe one time I will actually get lucky.

For me, K-Mart has been lousy with sales if at all and Walmart has a discount once in a blue moon. Target doesn't have much for clearance but at least when they do it actually has a decent price difference whereas Walmart just slaps the red tag on the box yet still charge full price.

Perhaps I should visit K-Mart more often anyway even if it is dissapointing as usual. Maybe one time I will actually get lucky.

K-Mart was always a dud for me too..... guess they decided to get smart over here at mine.

Back in February, I did get some great 50% off clearance deals at KMart. 3 - MF Vampyre Hearse - $13 3 - MF Mad Scientist - $18.50 5 - LOTR: Attack on Weathertop - $22 6 - SW: Tie Fighter - $24 3 - Hobbit: Goblin King - $37.50 6 - Ninjago Samurai Mech - $17 5 - Ninjago Fangpyre Truck Ambush - $22 & Dino sets galore... (I've sold most already) For most of these deals I had Shop Your Way Rewards coupons that kept adding to my reward point totals. I used my rewards towards LOTR: Helm's Deep sets and ended up getting a couple for around $70 each.

K-Mart was always a dud for me too..... guess they decided to get smart over here at mine.

I think you mean dumb.

Dumb for them maybe, but the more sales they have, the smarter buys I can make. (Please don't bring up the hobbit game!)

Captain America's Avenging Cycle: $5.00

Republic Striker Class: $17.00

Alien Mothership (Alien Conquest): $27.00

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: $13.00

Crazy Scientist And His Monster: $41.50

Only 1 Kmart within a 30 minute drive of me compared to 8 walmarts and 4 targets. I've found very little on sale there ever. Usually find the best deals at walmart and the most consistant sales at Target (like Weathertop and Shelob being clearance at all stores).

K-mart is only worth bothering with when they do the "additional 50% off the CLEARANCE" and there's actually good stuff on clearance. Otherwise, their prices are bloated when not on sale, not good enough when on sale, and passable when in normal clearance. Walmart is both the best and worst for me. I've found my most insane deep discounts there, however, each Walmart is a different story, so it can be a hassle to check each and every one to see who has put what to the clearance section. Even among clearance sections, one Walmart could clear a set for a great deal more/less than another. Walmart will either continue to drop their prices in the clearance section until stuff moves, or cut it off at a point and send everything unsold back to the company where it is likely sold to second hand places like Marshalls, Ross, TJMaxx, etc. Target has more consistent sales and clearance across the same sets, and will generally only go to a maximum of 50% off if their first round of 30% off fails to get the items off the shelf fast enough. After that point, I believe whatever isn't sold gets reclaimed and sold to second-hand places like Marshalls, Ross, TJMaxx, etc. To wrap up, Toys'R'Us sucks. Their price bloat is bordering on criminal, and their best sales generally only equate to getting sets to MSRP. The problem is that they easily have the best selection of any nationwide non-LEGO Store retailer chain, and carry some of the harder to find sets, apart from some of their own good exclusives.

I only go to K Mart for Lego, which means I'm usually too late to find these amazing scores I read about. Though I did manage the following: 2 Attack Of The Wargs for $18.50/ea 1 (because buying more would be foolish right?) Gandalf Arrives for $5.00

I only go to K Mart for Lego, which means I'm usually too late to find these amazing scores I read about. Though I did manage the following:

2 Attack Of The Wargs for $18.50/ea

1 (because buying more would be foolish right?) Gandalf Arrives for $5.00

I would've bought two Gandalf Arrives, but it's been said I don't know much about Lego investing.