Who here is a LUG member?

So I am looking into getting into this in my area. I'm sure there are members here that are also LUG members. I know a while back LUGs were brought up and a member who is no longer member here was acting like LUGs are some exlusive super secret underground club. Looking at a LUG chapter website in my area, it doesn't seem that way at all. Any experiences you would like to share would be helpful. If any of my Texas peeps want more info just let me know.

Yes, it's LEGO User Group. It doesn't take anything to join one. Just contact an existing LUG to find out when and where they meet. Attend a meeting and you're a member.

Hmmmm. Pretty strict guidelines, not sure I like that.

Anyway, I know we have one locally here, but I really haven't found the time to join up with them.

Anyway, I know we have one locally here, but I really haven't found the time to join up with them.

They'll also need to make sure you have a used or new 10179 in your collection and every member of any LUG has to Paypal me annual dues of $25 because I trademarked the term LUG. But other than those things, it's easy.

They'll also need to make sure you have a used or new 10179 in your collection and every member of any LUG has to Paypal me annual dues of $25 because I trademarked the term LUG. But other than those things, it's easy.

Damn, sold my 10179 a while back, guess I have no choice but to miss out on this. Maybe I can get one off of Ebay for $500 to get back in. Sorry, too soon?