3920-1: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I just bought this set for $13 at my local K-mart (the one me and BlackJack are ranting on about). It retails for $35, so for me it was an impulse buy. They have three left, should I pick up another one? With two more movies coming, and Christmas slowly closing in, I think that anything Hobbit related will do awesomely!!

Games really are proven poor performers in the investment market, I have seen this discounted even at TRU. Those are decent prices, but I wouldn't grab very many, The fact that it lacks full size minifigs really limits its potential, if it had real minifigs, this set could soar.

Guest eightbrick

I'm sorry masters..... but for $13 I have to pick up just one more.

You won't lose money at that price... but you won't gain much either. I agree with the others, stay away from Lego games.

Every Games set I've bought has been good for parts so if there are any pieces in there you want for yourself then go for it. As an investment goes, you could either try and flip it or part out the set.

For $13 I would pick up three for myself and end up spending $39 which is roughly just shy of the original retail of $35. Not to invest though, just for my own collection of parts.

Being Hobbit related could help in the end much like the Harry Potter and Ninjago games did.

Every Games set I've bought has been good for parts so if there are any pieces in there you want for yourself then go for it. As an investment goes, you could either try and flip it or part out the set.

For $13 I would pick up three for myself and end up spending $39 which is roughly just shy of the original retail of $35. Not to invest though, just for my own collection of parts.

Being Hobbit related could help in the end much like the Harry Potter and Ninjago games did.

I only bought one, to test how it would do. I mean it was only $13. I'm not in over my head with this thing. I'm not buying another though...... when given this much legendary council, you best heed the warnings.

If you had a BrickLink store, these would be killer to part out. The printed inverted tiles, the microfigs, and the sheer amount of green pieces in each box is not shabby. I'd have grabbed all 3 for my personal collection. The high quantities of green would make for good MOCs and scenery, to me anyway. Probably not the best for flipping or investment, but power to you if you can sell it just under retail and come out with some extra cash.