Shipping to China

Jimking23

I'm not too much into eBay's protection for sellers, but I'd think that you'd be on the safe side if you kept the shipping receipt/tracking number once the item has been sent. This way you'd have proof that the item was shipped. You'd have to hope that your counterpart is an honest person. Check if you can what are the items he has bought. 24 transactions of $1 or somewhere in the area are stinky to say the least. I'm pretty sure some more people can help you on this. Those are my two cents.

I did a very rudimentary calculation and it looks like it would cost a minimum of 100.00 to ship a box that size USPS. For me personally, its not worth the risk. I have no experience shipping to China though.

If S&**** charges are on the buyer then it's up to him (buyer).

Well, for I am living in Hong Kong, I can tell you that in recent years Lego is really hot and sales keep growing in China. I think that will be a huge loss if you ignore nowadays China market. I own a shop selling Lego in Hong Kong and around 40% of sales comes from China, try to keep a close relationship with your chinese buyer, if they trust you they will keep buying from you and willing to pay a premium price for your service.

Ahming, you couldnt be more correct. I sell a lot to Singapore, Hong Kong and China. If your buyer gets a good price from you (relative to their market) and their item arrives in good condition then they will buy from you almost none stop. I seriously do think China is the future of Lego. If Lego wins their market over then the future of the Lego company looks bright. Same goes with India. Most of the people in these two countries who have the serious income to spend on Lego over there are looking to buy it from the U.S. or little stores in in Hong Kong or Singapore. If you feel comfortable shipping it to China then I would seriously consider it if I were you. I shipped a 10179 to Singapore last fall! Worked out perfectly. Just ask him if you can ship it Global Express. That way both parties are covered.

Ahming, you couldnt be more correct. I sell a lot to Singapore, Hong Kong and China. If your buyer gets a good price from you (relative to their market) and their item arrives in good condition then they will buy from you almost none stop. I seriously do think China is the future of Lego. If Lego wins their market over then the future of the Lego company looks bright. Same goes with India. Most of the people in these two countries who have the serious income to spend on Lego over there are looking to buy it from the U.S. or little stores in in Hong Kong or Singapore. If you feel comfortable shipping it to China then I would seriously consider it if I were you. I shipped a 10179 to Singapore last fall! Worked out perfectly. Just ask him if you can ship it Global Express. That way both parties are covered.

the shipping cost italy-->china are UNBELIEVABLE

I've been in Shanghai last year, and I saw a Lego Shop there (small, but with all references I was interested in). I also noticed a lot of regular toy shops were having Lego sets (including some licenced (Disney) Duplo sets that only appeared in France some months later...). So I also tend think that more and more people are willing to buy Lego in wealthy China.