United States Vice President Joe Biden believes there is no legal restriction on ability to tax violent media.

TheOrcKing

To start with, I typically stay away from political topics but I think people should hear about this malarkey.

Assault on the First Amendment: Joe Biden endorses a tax on blood and gore - WashingtonTimes

Vice President Sees No Legal Hurdles in Enacting Sin Tax on Violent Media - GamePolitics

Biden: No legal problem with taxing violent games - Gamespot

I would add something of an opinion here but I am really in the middle of something else that needs attention.

Seems like an infringement of 1st amendment rights to me, but I'm sure the politicians have found some way to manipulate the constitution and spin around it like they do everything else.

This is an infringement on "The Right to free speech", and a step closer in the direction of censorship. Vice President Joe Biden and former Senator Joseph Lieberman both have been on this bandwagon for censoring violence in the media especially video games and blaming it for causing violence in the real world.

I love this tiny tidbit at the end of the original article. :)

The Washington Times

Easy explanations and easy solutions for difficult problems are nearly always dumb. If the veep could eliminate violence in the culture with a tax, he should think about taxing the dumb ideas of politicians. We could retire the national debt.

Being that I don't play violent video games, and find them pretty disturbing, I could care less about a tax being imposed in this area. However, the implications of the government taking more of our personal freedoms and assuming it knows best in any area is something I cannot possibly be more opposed to. Apparently people in America have come to the understanding that it isn't good for us to run our lives, that we are better off with our government taking over and running our lives for us.

Eh... I always take this stuff with a grain of salt. Clearly this is skewed by journalism jockeys trying to "sell" their articles with a catchy headline. None of those articles quoted the question directed at the VP. And all three published half the quote in mid sentence with zero context. I would just like to know more before passing judgement. I don't believe one of those said he is trying to introduce a new bill... though I'm sure they wish they could make that claim. Funny though... NRA says shootings are the fault of violent video games right before they release their very own gun game app. I definitely laughed at the comment about sacrificing 1st amendment rights for your 2nd amendment rights.

However, the implications of the government taking more of our personal freedoms and assuming it knows best in any area is something I cannot possibly be more opposed to. Apparently people in America have come to the understanding that it isn't good for us to run our lives, that we are better off with our government taking over and running our lives for us.

I agree.