How long have you been investing in Lego?

I am wondering how long everyone has been investing in Lego. I purchased my first Lego set for investment in March of last year and started selling March of this year. I am particularly interested to see how many people have been doing this for more than 2-3 years. It seems Brickpicker has given many of us (including myself) the idea of investing in Lego sets but I'm curious to see who may have been doing it even before Brickpicker. This is not intended to be another Lego bubble discussion, I'm actually curious to hear from some of the investors who have been doing this for a number of years and get their perspective on changes they have seen over the years.

It all started with the Huge Box of Duplo I gave my son for Christmas. That immediately led to the buying and building of the Winter Village Cottage. Holy Awesome Sauce. As a kid, I always thought Lego was underwhelming. I liked the concept and free-building, but the mid eighties space sets were simple and I didn't like the other themes because they weren't science fiction. The rest of that story is muddled with 20+ years of liiiiiife. Anyhoo, Viola! A Duplo box and a cottage. Then I wanted the entire theme. So I mosey over to LEGO Shop at Home. Sold out Bakery. Okay. Sold out Post Office. Hmm. Toy Shop: Retired Product. Yeahbutwhat? The toy shop was selling for $200 on ebay. Pbbbbt. Instead I got a Haunted House. Then an R2-D2. My first investment was a sealed VW Camper, which I opened and built. So my second investment was also a VW Camper. The End.

lego enthusiast since my childhood in the 80's. now with two young kids of my own i have gotten back into it again. i have been building up inventory since 2009, and just started to sell this past Christmas season with very solid results. i am having a blast doing it too. the thrill of the hunt is more exciting than making the sale sometimes.