Aloha From Hawaii ...

Hello everyone. Im new to Lego investing and I just stumbled on this very interesting and informative website. I never knew that a site existed that was all about Lego investing, complete with graphs, values etc. just like watching the stock market. Here in Hawaii Lego prices are above the MSRP just like everything else. So finding good deals, including clearance items are very hard. Finding Lego sets are also hard to find. I did manage to get these to start my Lego investing today. Im not going to go heavy on this investing thing. Just a little here and there. Let me know what you guys think of these buys... These were bought at Walmart clearance: MF The Mummy $9 MF The Werewolf $17 MF Mad Scientist $40 For us here prices are much better online like Amazon.

hey there ... care to share some secrets on how to make it as a Lego investor here in the islands? Umm, hmm. I suppose to always try and pay less than retail for the sets you buy? This may sound like a retarded question but are there any Target stores in Hawaii? You can take items up to customer service and have them price match with competitors online stores like Walmart.com, Target.com, Toys R Us.com, and Amazon.com.

I know member, agp548, is from Hawaii so maybe he can give better advice than I can.

Hey Jaylay, I'm from Hawaii and just moved to Des Moines Iowa 6 months ago. There are challenges to investing in Hawaii, but I've found great deals at Target and the Lego store during clearances. As a matter of fact I've found it much easier to find deals there then here in Iowa. Like you've mentioned Amazon is also great with free shipping. Occasionally ToysRus also has great deals although they are rare.

Hello Jaylay, I am from Hawaii as well and im sure as you know the prices here suck lol. I have some advice but it is only from my personal experience and im not saying im right or wrong but here it is. I am mostly a collector, then builder, then investor. I get most of my sets online from, amazon, lego shop at home, ebay or target or toysrus. I hate paying for shipping so I will only order an item when shipping is free or if there is an exceptional sale. I never buy from toysrus down here because the prices are ridiculously stupid. There is only One lego store on the island that I know of and the only time I buy from there is if I have a ten percent off coupon because that usually brings the marked up price back to retail and only if there is a double points promotion going on. I use the ten percent coupon on a large set that way I can hand pick my box and make sure it isn't get damaged. I order a lot from shop at home during free shipping promotions or special polybag giveaways with a certain amount spent. I pay retail when I do that but at least I build up points on my vip account. There are never sales down here like there are in the mainland, like at target or walmart when items go on clearance, some members on this site get ridicuolously awesome clearance prices in the mainland. And finally the best thing I did was to apply for an amazon credit card where I earn points on everything I purchase. I order a lot from amazon and use my amazon rewards card for everything I buy, that includes gas food anything online, basically everything. points seem to build up pretty quick and then I use those points to buy more lego from amazon, also on amazon there is something called a gold box deal which changes everyday and sometimes I find a lego set that is on a good discount. only downside about ordering things online is that sometimes although very rarely the boxes come damaged, but most stores and online business will accept returns and send you another item. hope this helps. Sorry this reply was so long lol