Minifigures Plus - LEGO Series 25 Collectible Minifigures (71045) Pre-Order

2 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

Perhaps search their inventory and add a couple minifigs to reach the threshold... 

I was hoping for some sealed packages but it looks like they just sell opened ones.  The shipping even though it is $5 cuts into the discount. On Ebay they have free shipping :) I am always trying to squeeze every dollar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 4:01 PM, stackables said:

I was hoping for some sealed packages but it looks like they just sell opened ones.  The shipping even though it is $5 cuts into the discount. On Ebay they have free shipping :) I am always trying to squeeze every dollar. 

You may definitely request sealed packaging! We also have the Collector's edition: https://minifiguresplus.com/collections/collectible-minifigures-series-25/products/collectors-edition-lego-71045-complete-set-of-minifigures-series-25-pre-order

This is shipped in an outer box as the sealed boxes are normally shipped in a padded envelope and may end up looking a little crushed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Received my Series 25 order from MinifiguresPlus yesterday. Kudos to them for their excellent service, as always.

Here are my findings from sorting through these:

- both boxes had European production codes
- the Data Tag scanning (using the Brave browser on Android) worked great and gave perfect matches.
- Somehow, each box of 36 had ~5 minifigures in it with the small tag, so I couldnt use the data tag to identify them.
- I used my precision scale to weigh the packages, but weights didnt line up with weights published on the internet (Jay's brick blog or Reddit). Looking at relative weights I was able to pick out a few boxes that I was quite sure were Goat Herders, but that only allowed me to identify 5, not the full complement of 6. The other boxes had very similar weights, and even scanning the weight of data tag identified figures gave quite the range of weights (e.g. the Harpy had most boxes in the 17.5-17.7g range, but one was 17.3g :-/)
- Finally took the plunge and used my heat gun to give one of the bottom side flaps a short (5-10s) burst of hot air. This was enough to melt the glue so I could peek inside and then stick the flap back to make the box reseal itself without any trace.

Turns out the distribution of figures in my 2 boxes was not ideal (and sadly for me, I have one less goat than expected - my main driver to buy 2 boxes) :(

Here is what I got:
- 6 of each figure, except:
- 5 Vampire Knights
- 5 Goat Herders
- 7 Mushroom sprites
- 7 Harpies

I thought the heat gun trick was pretty neat - hope others have better distributions and can use my tricks above to identify theirs.

6fe2a3eefa7549883af3e5778d036a74.jpgca57641b4d0dba77c93534a754ce9684.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1